Show your tattoos please!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's off topic, but lemme re-route back to topic:

What if I picked out a tattoo, and had 1000 copies of it made. And every morning I put it on after a shower.

So I have the same tattoo for like, 4 years or so - and I could continue with it, or drop it and change it. What's wrong with doing this ?

my earrings that I started wearing. I liked them, just the way they were - should I get them pierced, or continue to just slap them in ? Whats the difference ?

It's off topic, but lemme re-route back to topic:

What if I picked out a tattoo, and had 1000 copies of it made. And every morning I put it on after a shower.

So I have the same tattoo for like, 4 years or so - and I could continue with it, or drop it and change it. What's wrong with doing this ?

my earrings that I started wearing. I liked them, just the way they were - should I get them pierced, or continue to just slap them in ? Whats the difference ?
you wanna know the differance???the one REAL differance??
pain..you dont go through the pain with temps. but im with you on this one,,what is the big deal..real or not???

i dont have any ink because i have yet to find what i want..as brutal said

Well I imagine a good tattoo (From a well known, reliable and talented artist) will tickle $1000 by the end of the sessions. What if you were to invest that money instead to a temporary one ? If you didn't like it... even after a few years, then it's gone - This is all of the good, with none of the bad.

It's an extra 3 minutes in the morning to put it back on. Or, go with a slightly more indellible ink on the pad, and it could be a week-long tattoo, and 1000 of them may last you a LONG time. And $1 each is a high price to pay to print anything.

So .. the pain. that's about it. Someone else went through pain and misery to get the same thing that you get with a smile on your face ? Jealousy ?

What you are talking about is the equivalent of putting Type-R and DOHC VTEC stickers all over your Civic when it is really a stock DX. And you don't have all the benefit of actually having a tattoo. If it comes off a sticker it will clearly be fake. Probably the best reason I could give not to do it is that I'll think you're a bitch. How's that for some motivation!?

It's not motivation at all : I'm an adult, and a pretty fuckin mean one to boot. I don't care what other people say.

If you have an integra with a B18C5 in it, and aren't on the track (Or fuck it.. even ARE on the track) and you've forgone spending a few thousand to get a real one - Then why not ?

Hondaswap is ALL ABOUT faking the funk in regards to Type Rs. But is it being a bitch, or being intelligent ?

Same results + no bodily harm = pure win ?

Back it down a bit from tattoos. Piercings. They aren't permanent - but require a lot of care. Fake the funk ? Why not ?

Tattoos I know mean things to different people. Please, for the sake of the courts, admit that most people take more time and effort choosing from the SAME CLIPART that goes into making icecream cakes from the Dairy Queen cartoon board.

Butterflies on the ankle, RIP on the arms, blah blah . It's cookie cutter processes put into a permanent installation. If I was wrong, there would be no such thing as tattoo removal procedures.

It's not motivation at all : I'm an adult, and a pretty fuckin mean one to boot. I don't care what other people say.

If you have an integra with a B18C5 in it, and aren't on the track (Or fuck it.. even ARE on the track) and you've forgone spending a few thousand to get a real one - Then why not ?

Hondaswap is ALL ABOUT faking the funk in regards to Type Rs. But is it being a bitch, or being intelligent ?

Same results + no bodily harm = pure win ?

Back it down a bit from tattoos. Piercings. They aren't permanent - but require a lot of care. Fake the funk ? Why not ?

Tattoos I know mean things to different people. Please, for the sake of the courts, admit that most people take more time and effort choosing from the SAME CLIPART that goes into making icecream cakes from the Dairy Queen cartoon board.

Butterflies on the ankle, RIP on the arms, blah blah . It's cookie cutter processes put into a permanent installation. If I was wrong, there would be no such thing as tattoo removal procedures.

I know you don't care what other people say. I was referencing stock cars with stickers all over them, no mods, just fake. There's faking the funk and just being fake. Two very different things. I know you aren't really proposing applying a fake tattoo to yourself every morning. You are just arguing the concept.

You are right about people choosing tattoos from the same list of stupidity. Does this mean that you should get 1,000 temp tattoos to break the cycle? No. My left arm is themed after one of the world's most influential pieces of literature. No artist I have talked to has ever seen or heard of anyone having what I have. For the record, butterflies, armbands, and otherwise spotty tattooing sucks. It doesn't have to be something deep and meaningful but it should be cool. A guy at the shop I go to has been getting a Lucky Charm's themed sleeve. It doesn't have some deep meaning but it is friggin cool as hell to look at and I admire him for his dedication. Anyone can walk in off the street and get some patchy little piece of shit out of the book. This is not what we are talking about.

And for the record, world be damned, ink is art and should be artistic. Don't get Texas on your chest, then an armband, then some little tribal on your back, then your last name on your forearm, then a picture of your grandmother on your calf. Those aren't tattoos, they are just ways to identify you after you commit a crime.

Last edited:
ok, patchtoos. I can go with that. If you could get this, in say... Henna. Something that sticks around for a long time but not permanent - would you ?

Like a really good paint job.

I would never put something on my body that I didn't come up with on my own. And the tattoo I have I wouldn't feel right about faking.

But I do see your point about faking a cookie cutter tattoo that your just getting to attract the sheep with her name and a tribal on her lower back.

As far as price goes, your a little off though. You could pay $1000 for a tattoo, but it would most likely be custom and it would be very big or very detailed. It varies but most custom tattoos are charged $150 an hour. Most shop minimums are around $50-$60. If the needle touches you and you bitch out, shop minimum. Me personally, my tattoo is about 7"x6", custom, and I sat for around 2 hours. But I shopped around for artists and shops and talked to friends. Mine cost me $150. I personally think the guy is underselling his ability, but I have no problem with that.

ok, patchtoos. I can go with that. If you could get this, in say... Henna. Something that sticks around for a long time but not permanent - would you ?

There are plenty of places on the body where a real tattoo is not permanent. Palms, bottom of feet, anywhere that is high traffic. Why do you think I got my fraternity letters on my inner lip? When I'm 50 I might not want to look at my arm and see it. It has actually already faded off my inner lip.

No, I can't half ass anything. I either need to do it right or not do it at all. It's just the way I am.

I would never put something on my body that I didn't come up with on my own. And the tattoo I have I wouldn't feel right about faking.

But I do see your point about faking a cookie cutter tattoo that your just getting to attract the sheep with her name and a tribal on her lower back.

As far as price goes, your a little off though. You could pay $1000 for a tattoo, but it would most likely be custom and it would be very big or very detailed. It varies but most custom tattoos are charged $150 an hour. Most shop minimums are around $50-$60. If the needle touches you and you bitch out, shop minimum. Me personally, my tattoo is about 7"x6", custom, and I sat for around 2 hours. But I shopped around for artists and shops and talked to friends. Mine cost me $150. I personally think the guy is underselling his ability, but I have no problem with that.

I have sat for 15 hours already on my left arm and have shelled out $1000. For large custom work my guy actually charges less. He said he enjoys large pieces and unique subject matter. I also tip very well. I have sat for three five hour sessions and only really been asked to pay about $700.

tattoo017.jpg

The GFs.

Holy shit that's hot. Well at least I think so.

I've been wanting to get inked forever, but I can never find a design that I like well enough to have etched permanently onto my body, so I figure it's probably better not to get anything... :shrug2:

Your looking at the same dilema I am LOL

yeah, the usability and proof of concept testing worked well.

I don't think they look good.

Attachments

• 0702080001.jpg
    0702080001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 228
The eyebrows, Ive never sen them done like that, I think they look pretty good.

Also diggin the oldschool bomber goggles.

Back