Si Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

biglee414

OK, in the CRX HF all motor article, it says to swap on a DX head. My question is, will the SI head work. I figure that it would be better that the DX for it is multi-point FI. And if it will fit on will it bolt right up of do i need a new head gasket or what?

do i need to do n e wiring for the 8 xtra valves, and on a scale 1-10
how hard will it be to swap the head?

no extra wiring because its already set up for multi port fuel injection. and dont worry about clearance with the pistons unless you mill the head or run high compression pistons and or a wild cam. just get the crx manual and do it just like it says. use new gaskets on whatever you take off, its easier out of the car than when its in. good luck

Originally posted by biglee414@Mar 12 2003, 04:37 PM
OK, in the CRX HF all motor article, it says to swap on a DX head. My question is, will the SI head work. I figure that it would be better that the DX for it is multi-point FI. And if it will fit on will it bolt right up of do i need a new head gasket or what?

The D16A6 head, 4g Si, is a PR3 head. Same as the D15B7 and maybe the other 1.5 heads. The newer Si heads D16Z6 are VTEC and called a Mini me when swapped onto a Non VTEC block. If you use a 4g Si head and cam it will be better than a DX head, but the cam will fit in the DX head and give you the same power. Same gasket no fittment issues.

Back