Si Motor Into Hf?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

i blew a head gasket on my HF, i still drive it back n forth to school and refill the radiator fluid with water till this weekend where im doing a motor swap (spring break) which i have lots of time... well i have been lookin around at ZC's but the cheapest one i saw was 350... and then it was 200 shipping... i only have about 240 or so to put on a motor.... i was thinking about doing just an SI swap for now because i can get one for 150 (local junkyard) i know most of you are saying its not worth it but i just dont have the extra money for my rex ... in time i will have money but not now... i need another 300 or so for the swap... well sinse the si motor has 108hp and the ZC motor has 130... i know there is probably a big difference there but i just want to upgrade my fricken HF 62 hp monster haha... not... its just to slow for me... i just want sumthin with a little more pep for now... when i get the motor sinse i have alot of time... im going to port the head and intake manifold... and then put it back together... that should be it for now... but i was wondering is it worth it... i dont have enough time to make money... i only make about 50 a week (lowbills lol) cuz im only 17... i need info tho... thanks guys... i dont want to take out the Hf motor and replace the head gasket because that motor isnt worth it... if i take it out... its not going back in so that isnt a possibility ... but all others welcome THANKS!
TJ

hey moonlight... if i was you i would go with the ZC because you will only be upping your HP by like 10... while im doing mine about 40 or so HP... u should do the ZC because its only a couple hundred more and u will also get 40more hp and then get rid of that auto... just when you do the swap get the trans wit it ! ;) :p

A D is a D any D series will fit just fine. THe HF is MPFI right? No need to change any wiring or anything. Moonlight, just do a MPFI swap. It's cheaper and a lot easier.

Back