1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Si Motor Into Hf?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Apr 14, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

i blew a head gasket on my HF, i still drive it back n forth to school and refill the radiator fluid with water till this weekend where im doing a motor swap (spring break) which i have lots of time... well i have been lookin around at ZC's but the cheapest one i saw was 350... and then it was 200 shipping... i only have about 240 or so to put on a motor.... i was thinking about doing just an SI swap for now because i can get one for 150 (local junkyard) i know most of you are saying its not worth it but i just dont have the extra money for my rex ... in time i will have money but not now... i need another 300 or so for the swap... well sinse the si motor has 108hp and the ZC motor has 130... i know there is probably a big difference there but i just want to upgrade my fricken HF 62 hp monster haha... not... its just to slow for me... i just want sumthin with a little more pep for now... when i get the motor sinse i have alot of time... im going to port the head and intake manifold... and then put it back together... that should be it for now... but i was wondering is it worth it... i dont have enough time to make money... i only make about 50 a week (lowbills lol) cuz im only 17... i need info tho... thanks guys... i dont want to take out the Hf motor and replace the head gasket because that motor isnt worth it... if i take it out... its not going back in so that isnt a possibility ... but all others welcome THANKS!
    TJ

2. Moonlight Illusion

Moonlight Illusion Banned

I don't mean to steal your shit here stud4u2c17.... but I was wondering... could I drop an Si into my auto(I HATE AUTO) 91 CRX DX? :ph34r:

3. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

hey moonlight... if i was you i would go with the ZC because you will only be upping your HP by like 10... while im doing mine about 40 or so HP... u should do the ZC because its only a couple hundred more and u will also get 40more hp and then get rid of that auto... just when you do the swap get the trans wit it ! ;) :p

4. solblu

solblu Senior Member

A D is a D any D series will fit just fine. THe HF is MPFI right? No need to change any wiring or anything. Moonlight, just do a MPFI swap. It's cheaper and a lot easier.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted