SI motors. forged or not? where to find parts for b16a sir2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1slow93LX

ok, i was recently told that honda motors maybe he meant SI motors, come with forged pistons and a steel crank. is this true?

I dont know about the steel crank but I have been told that all honda pistons are cast not forged. Maybe the JDM Type R's have forged but I dont know. I have a JDM b16a SiRII in my Civic and you can buy parts for a 99-00 Civic Si, 94-01 Integra DOHC VTEC, or a 97 del Sol DOHC VTEC. So far I have radiator hoses from a 99-00 Si and a rad from an EG6 in Japan and also axle nuts from a 99-00 Si. I used a kit that reseals the fuel injectors from a 97 del Sol. Hope this helps you out in finding parts you need.

A quick word about radiator hoses: buy them from Honda. You can tell them what motor you have and what the USDM equivalent is and they can get it for you. I ended up buying and returning 4 radiator hoses from AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts and O'Reilly's Auto before I said "Screw it. Im calling Honda!" Save yourself the hassle and spend a couple more bucks and do it right the first time. Cheers!!

Last edited:
thanks for the clarity. wasnt too sure about those crazy type r's (Civics and Teggys). They did some crazy stuff with those to make them that awesome.

Back