1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SI motors. forged or not? where to find parts for b16a sir2

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 1slow93LX, Oct 28, 2006.

1. 1slow93LX

1slow93LX New Member

ok, i was recently told that honda motors maybe he meant SI motors, come with forged pistons and a steel crank. is this true?

2. EG6Civic83

EG6Civic83 New Member

I dont know about the steel crank but I have been told that all honda pistons are cast not forged. Maybe the JDM Type R's have forged but I dont know. I have a JDM b16a SiRII in my Civic and you can buy parts for a 99-00 Civic Si, 94-01 Integra DOHC VTEC, or a 97 del Sol DOHC VTEC. So far I have radiator hoses from a 99-00 Si and a rad from an EG6 in Japan and also axle nuts from a 99-00 Si. I used a kit that reseals the fuel injectors from a 97 del Sol. Hope this helps you out in finding parts you need.

A quick word about radiator hoses: buy them from Honda. You can tell them what motor you have and what the USDM equivalent is and they can get it for you. I ended up buying and returning 4 radiator hoses from AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts and O'Reilly's Auto before I said "Screw it. Im calling Honda!" Save yourself the hassle and spend a couple more bucks and do it right the first time. Cheers!!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  3. random_hero

random_hero New Member

no forged pistons from the factory.

4. EG6Civic83

EG6Civic83 New Member

thanks for the clarity. wasnt too sure about those crazy type r's (Civics and Teggys). They did some crazy stuff with those to make them that awesome.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted