si question.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bustah49

i just bought a rolled 2000 si. i want to take everything out of the si and put in my 97 civic dx hb. this includes...dash,a/c, power steering, power windows and locks, keyless entry..etc. is this an unbolt and unplug kinda swap? all help would be greatly appreciated. i have researched to no end....

pretty much everything from the whole car will swap over, shit you can put the si front end on it too make it look like the 99-00 hatches. for the swap you'll need to use your 97 harness (run knock, and vtec wires), and get a jumper (obd2a -> obd2b) to run the ecu.

why do i have to use the wiring from the 97?
i want to use everything...i mean EVERYTHING from the si....tell me that....i don't want no fuckin' jumper. i want it to look factory stock.....if it can't be done...then i am gonna sell everything. and say fuck hondas

because it's way easier than running all the new wiring- sure you could do it- convert the car to OBD IIb- but it's prolly gonna be more than its worth for the asthetic appeal you're worried about- just my 2 cents

so if i change all the wiring from the dash to the headlights....from door to door. and even use the gastank from the si..(to prevent code91) it will work?

yup it'll work .... have a fuckin blast

so you are proof positive on this? i hate to do all that work then it not start....then i would have to burn it to the ground where it sets.lol

What they all said ^^^

Sounds like fun...I bet you'll get lazy and the car will be sitting there half torn apart for the next 6 months.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 27 2004, 03:45 PM
What they all said ^^^

Sounds like fun...I bet you'll get lazy and the car will be sitting there half torn apart for the next 6 months.

i bet yer wrong....i got the car late saturday....14 degrees outside...snowing like a bish..and i already have the front stripped off of it, the seats, and most of the dash.
i just have to wait for a break in the weather so i can get the pass. side door open. then i will get the dash the rest of the way out. i am not a teenager and as far as this being my first...no. i took a 82 mustang and wired it for windsor fuel injection and power everything..then put all 90 interior in it...only worked on it part time. 65hrs. plus of wiring. got 7400.00 for a 82 stang. this is my hobby guys. just never did anything with the hondas. and that my friend is my .02 cents

last time i checked though, 82 mustangs weren't OBD 2- just have fun, can't wait to see all the pictures

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU FOUND YOUR SELF AN SI AND GAVE IT A "BOOST". SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A REAL COOL HOBBY, YOU KNOW STEALING CARS... ................ BECAUSE IF I WOULD OF BOUGHT AN SI WHY WOULD I TAKE THE SEATS,THE DASH , THE FRONT END AND THE MOTOR OUT IT

kid, if i was allowed to flame you, i would. i dare you to set foot in the member's lounge....

anyways, why the fuck would you go through the trouble to change out the entire in-car harness when you can just get a 98 ex harness and a jumper that would plug right in?!?!?! holy total waste of fucking time, batman! you wont be able to see a jumper, dude...and the ex harness will look fine, truzz me. it aint worth the time to swap out the in-car harness.

and james...fuck you. its only been 5 months. cunt.

lol yeah thats what i was thinking... why do you want to do this anyway??? if you want to make a fast car or something just mod up the SI instead of swap everything over to a car thats almost the same.

hello....can you all fuckin read.....it is a fuckin' rolled over si. i bought it to swap everything from the si into my civc dx hb.

umm....EVERYTHING BODY WISE...EXCEPT TAIL LIGHTS AND TRUNK LID...front lip...si grill....

Back