Si Rim conundrum...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The "what I think to be" is the final saga of the Si Conundrum.

My mechanic calls me today and says "hey, the guy still has the rims and wants to meet up with you." So I get my happy ass dressed early and leave a while before work. I meet him at my mechanic's house who is unfortunately working. Anywho, the guy and I begin to bullshit and finally he lets me know that he still has the rims and is willing to take payments. I smile and agree...but the he says that there's a catch. So after I raise my eyebrow he tells me that the asking price has just jumped $125 because of the tires it comes with and what not.

At this time, I proceed to get in my car, quietly and drive away. :D As he is trying to tell me something, which was asking me why I was leaving, I just smiled and drove away. Finally he tells me again that he'll take payments...as I proceeded to hit the gas and high tail it out of dodge.

The point of the story...I'm not quite sure, but that guy was fucking NUTS if he thought I was going to pay $500 on what was supposed to be $375 worth of rims. All I have to say is....NEXT! :D

buy them, sell them for more, then roll around on some cheap steelies till you get your rotas worked out man.

well shit. i bought LS's (the ones im trying to sell actually) a long time ago for 100.00 with good tires and all. sold them. they got passed around town for a bit. and now. i got them again. my rims are whores.

buy them, sell them for more, then roll around on some cheap steelies till you get your rotas worked out man.

The Rota's will definitely get worked on. That's one of the reasons why I haven't posted any pictures of my EG. haha..which I think is actually an EJ1? I've got to learn the chasis codes better.

well shit. i bought LS's (the ones im trying to sell actually) a long time ago for 100.00 with good tires and all. sold them. they got passed around town for a bit. and now. i got them again. my rims are whores.

And soon they will hopefully be MY WHORES! Muaaahahahhahahaha. :D

even still 500 is good for 6 si's..but its the point that the price jumped...i hate that shit lol (heres another related story)
i was supposed to buy an eg hatch awhile ago..the guy said since i was short on cash hed sell me the car all stock with a d16z6 in it,,well i was coming up with the cash and about a week before i had all the cash he tells me oh the cars jumping another 500 cuz i just put a turbo kit on it..
i hate when people do this stuff

That's my point man. It's the principle. You say you're going to do one thing and just because you get a wild hair up your ass you decide to change things? Sure it's a good price...for someone else. The point is he said $375 and now it's $500? Nay. I may have a set of...well, I'll let you know when that goes through. :D

The "what I think to be" is the final saga of the Si Conundrum.

My mechanic calls me today and says "hey, the guy still has the rims and wants to meet up with you." So I get my happy ass dressed early and leave a while before work. I meet him at my mechanic's house who is unfortunately working. Anywho, the guy and I begin to bullshit and finally he lets me know that he still has the rims and is willing to take payments. I smile and agree...but the he says that there's a catch. So after I raise my eyebrow he tells me that the asking price has just jumped $125 because of the tires it comes with and what not.

At this time, I proceed to get in my car, quietly and drive away. :D As he is trying to tell me something, which was asking me why I was leaving, I just smiled and drove away. Finally he tells me again that he'll take payments...as I proceeded to hit the gas and high tail it out of dodge.

The point of the story...I'm not quite sure, but that guy was fucking NUTS if he thought I was going to pay $500 on what was supposed to be $375 worth of rims. All I have to say is....NEXT! :D

I would have done the exact same thing. I hate when people try to pull bullshit like that. They think that if they can just get you there and wave the item around in front of your face then you'll be willing to pay more for it.

Bravo to you sir, for walking away from a shitty deal! :thumbsup:

I would have done the exact same thing. I hate when people try to pull bullshit like that. They think that if they can just get you there and wave the item around in front of your face then you'll be willing to pay more for it.

Bravo to you sir, for walking away from a shitty deal! :thumbsup:

Gracias, gracias. :D I do have a deal in the works for some...wait, I'll talk about it later on. :ph34r:

The thing that got me was that he was being friendly, offering to take payments and WHAM! higher charge. Sad really.

Last edited:
you cant ever have too many wheels, change em like shoes when ever you change moods

but... $375 with tires & all is great, i would jump on that FAST!!!

you cant ever have too many wheels, change em like shoes when ever you change moods

but... $375 with tires & all is great, i would jump on that FAST!!!

Psst...I think you missed the part where he jacked up the price by $125 at the end my friend. :D

That's one of the reasons why I haven't posted any pictures of my EG. haha..which I think is actually an EJ1? I've got to learn the chasis codes better.

The sedans are actually EGs. Most of the hatches are EHs. Read your VIN- it's in there.

The sedans are actually EGs. Most of the hatches are EHs. Read your VIN- it's in there.

Sweet Mike, thanks. I've read it on my hatch and I think it's an EJ. Heck, my sedan is nowhere around. It's been staying at my mechanics house lately because of the "gangsta lean". I think he raised the back up with some old coil overs I had from a LONG time ago.

Ah. Well, my 95 DX sedan is officially an EG8. Maybe yours is too.

In my book the EF is the 88-91 Civic, the EG is 92-95, and EK is 96-00, wether is a CRX, Del Sol, hatch, coupe orsedan. I know thats not the technical body codes but it works, if I say EG around my friends they all know its the 92-95 body style.

True- but I just say:

4th gen = 88-91
5th gen = 92-95
6th gen = 96-00

That way everyone still knows what you're talking about, and you're always right. ;)

Back