SI Trans VS. HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sofast

Bought a 90 crx shell with the rest of the body and interior in boxes. I got it all together. Now Im waiting on a clutch to arrive and the motor and trans are going in. Anyhow before I do this I need to know if the HF transmission is a pooch. Will I notice poor performance? If so what are my other options?

Bought a 90 crx] shell with the rest of the body and interior in boxes. I got it all together. Now Im waiting on a clutch to arrive and the motor and trans are going in. Anyhow before I do this I need to know if the HF transmission is a pooch. Will I notice poor performance? If so what are my other options?

Last edited by a moderator:
i drove a customers car yesterday. (SI) mine is a DX, almost felt like it had a diffrent attitude. definatly doing this swap when i have my motor out. i would go SI, better FD.

The gearing on the HF is very long. you will have much less acceleration force with the longer gears.

i think that some people combine the si and hf transmissions. usually taking the 5th gear out of the hf and putting it the si for better mileage when crusing, but also giving better acceleration in 1st through 4th

Yeah i agree , i just put a d15b in my girls rex with the stock hf tranny. 1st is ok but 2nd though 4th it falls on its face in the lower rpms, plus the tiny little hf clutch cant really take any power. one plus though is that you can redline at 85 mph in 2nd lol. get the si tranny.

this is correct ^ the only one with different gears are the hf and std

Back