Si Turbo Or H22a Turbo In A 97 Civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-=hondaboy=-

ok what should i do to my 97 si civic? just keep the si and put a greddy turbo kit in it?or should i put a h22a in it and than get a drag 3 turbo kit?

reply if u got some info dont reply if u got dum shit 2 say!!!

i would want a swap like the h22a so i can be crazy fast and then make it crazy crazy fast and put turbo so i can eat rustangs.but ppl say stay with the si but i wanna no what i should do!!

swapping in a h22a w/ a good turbo setup, and doing it right.... cuz turbign the h22a needs alot of block work, will cost ur around 8k, if u have htat kind of money go for it.....
or just get an h23 and turbo it....no vtec, but a very boost friendly engine.....

dont no about the h23 but i used to go on h22a.org and i read about the swap they say its find but i havent been there in a longe time cuz it is f**ked up!!so i need to refresh my mine!

will this be a good set up 4 the h22a in a civic???

H22 engine everying

HCP-EG22 MOUNT KIT FOR H22 ENGINES

90-93 intermediate shaft,90-93 teg axles or

Civic level 2 axle's 400HP

EG-22 Front Transmission Mount Brace Cross Member

1992-95 Honda Civic CX/DX/Si to H22 OBD1 (with core)

EGK A/C Bracket

Type-s ECU (with core)

H&R Springs

Tokico HP Shocks

Conversion harness H22A/H23A engine
shifter box

resistor box

gsr radiator

JDM distirbutor

total should be 4,389

If your going to do that swap, I suggest adjustable shocks and higher spring rates for the springs.

Also, I have an hcp eg-22 kit for sale, but i thought you said 97 civic? That would make it EK bro.

Anyways, Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

are you in canada, i can only assume so by the 97 SI comment. If so do the swap, that motor blows

Originally posted by -=hondaboy=-@May 16 2003, 08:49 PM
o sorry i meet ek not eg thankz 4 pionting that out!!!

a 97 is an ek, the si only came in 99-00 in the US

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@May 16 2003, 09:49 PM
Ummm yeah in Canda the EX is called the Si.

i know this, i was trying to determine if he was in canada because if its a canadian SI that motor sucks

Honestly, if you plan on drag racing the motor at all... the B16a-2 will take the abuse. B series stands for bullet proof. I've seen so many Boosted H series that have rods bust out the bottom.

B16a-2 is great for dragging... clutch point is near the top of the pedal, its a more popular engine, Type-R (b16b) head increases a turbo's power, not to mention it's red (or yellow if you get the B16b spoon head.)

B16a w/ turbo; ZEX Cams provide great turbo horsepower.

I noticed you didn't have anything about fuel upgrades, if you want 300-400hp you'll want those, Venom or AEM provide the best IMO.

Good choice to upgrade axles, as they are commonly overlooked; Clutches need to be set up too. I'm not sure how you plan on drag racing, but the 'Burn, then launch' method will eat your stock clutch after 10-15 runs.

So, instead of the H22 idea, you're saving a little money: try drag pulleys, or rebuild the tranny and get a stronger final drive ratio, or a JDM 6-speed.

Just keep your common sense and don't overlook anything and I hope you kill some 'vettes. :blink:

Back