1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick and deprived of sleep at work

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Kanned, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Ok, so I'm sick as all hell right now. I hardly slept last night and haven't eaten anything today. I shit you not, I just fucking fell asleep at my desk while sitting up and drooled on myself. I am so happy my boss is at lunch. I have too much work to go home, but I may do so after this. On the plus side, I got mad brownie points for being so blatantly sick and still showing up for work. I thought he would want me to go home so I wouldn't give it to anyone else...

2. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Sounds like a normal day to me :D

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

good call. be sick at work and get everybody else sick.

go home.

4. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

don't fall asleep on the drive home...

maybe you got mad cow :ph34r:

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

:werd:

6. Kanned

Kanned Beast

There's no doubt that I didn't want to go in today. I called my boss an hour before work and told him I was sick as a dog, but he hinted at me still coming in to try and tough it out, so I did. When it comes down to something like that, I'll give it a shot. Besides, other people in the office are sick all the time and rude as can be, therefore I have no sympathy for them. My department is also pretty behind and I would suffer from taking a whole day off. I just thought falling asleep and drooling on myself was hilarious. I laughed for a solid five minutes when I realized what I did.

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

excredin tension headache ftw y0
    eh, its 5 already, you;re prob out of work now

8. Kanned

Kanned Beast

I left an hour early and got a call from a friend who wanted to go to the beach. Being a sucker, I picked her up, threw the football(involved a shit ton of running on my part because she can't throw =P) and screwed around on the beach for about 3 hours and then got some food. I'm just getting home now and to be honest, I felt so much better while running around, but I feel like absolute shit right now.... Oh man do I feel like shit ='(. I think I have strep throat because I'm having trouble even drinking water.

9. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Word. Or you got mono. Make sure you get tested for both tomorrow. It's highly contageous.

10. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

ttiwwop

11. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Ugh, I just woke up... At first I couldn't sleep at all and now I slept for 13 hours. I'm not feeling too shabby at the moment, though. I managed to drink some orange juice, but my throat still hurts like a bitch and my sinuses are complete shit. I definitely called my boss at 6am and told him there's no way I'm coming in lol. He said something back, but I already dozed off before he replied.

Recked, it's a good friend that's down from college and dating a friend of mine... I'd feel like a bit of a pervert.

12. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Yeah, I choked up a huge chunk of multicolored, blood coated, crap while brushing my teeth this morning. As of now(three hours later) I'm eating a sub and drinking gatorade with almost no pain, so I'm happy... Maybe it's some 3 day virus crap. Is coughing an early symptom of strep throat? I'm asking this because I haven't had the urge to cough but once or twice during the past few days.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted