sick ass engine swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not exactly what you want but they put sr20's in fwd sentra's so im sure if you check out some of those swaps you could figure out how to do it to your car or better yet just do it to a sentra then its lights and gotta nice motor.

Is it me, or are people that dont know how to used periods and commas becoming more popular on this board? WTF??

Who needs periods and commas i mean seriously what use could they possibly serve i'd say to scrub the whole idea because its way way too much fabrication which translates directly to cost in dollars changing a front wheel drive vehicle to rear drive is very difficult becaust the chassis isnt meant for that kind of torque it was never designed to handle those stresses just buy a light weight rear drive platform and slap your motor in it hell there are several nissan candidates to choose from

just my two cents

I don't think you have a budget big enough. The fab alone in the engine bay will run 2 g. Don't forget that a full harness swap will be needed as weel ascustom mounts and tranny tunnel, tcase mounts. You will also spend 2g or more to convert the front suspension over, and prob 4g for the rear supension to get fabd. I mean its gonna cost 10g without parts is it worth it?

Who needs periods and commas i mean seriously what use could they possibly serve i'd say to scrub the whole idea because its way way too much fabrication which translates directly to cost in dollars changing a front wheel drive vehicle to rear drive is very difficult becaust the chassis isnt meant for that kind of torque it was never designed to handle those stresses just buy a light weight rear drive platform and slap your motor in it hell there are several nissan candidates to choose from

just my two cents

Shittzzz i can actually understand your post lol!! Most just throw shit together and make no F""In sense :ph34r:

at least you can...i had to read it a couple times. the beginning worked very well, but as i started getting into it, i lost the point or started running things together in my head. damn you phyre for making me work while im actually at work. DAMN YOU.

well outlaw its really not all that possible. ok basic i know why uwant to try a crazzy swap. but start smaller insted of trying awd how about a k24 from a newer honda its a proven swap and makes more power than any b-series swap[stock]
atx

I dont know why everyones up in a fit, he's not going to do it and thats that. This was a nice thread but there is no purpose for it anymore. He is going to puss out and probably buy a nissan anyway and this isnt a nissan forum last time I checked. If he is serious he will start up a new thread once he starts. Lets just leave him alone and see what he does, almost like a mouse in a cage.

Last edited:
you could always buy a 240sx and then strip it down to the weight of a civic?

thinking mounting the engine in the bay, not that hard, engine wounts are easy to fab assuming you have a machine shop.

there is an exhaust tunnel, with some creative shift linkage (maybe the 240's are cable which would be easy to manuver around) that would mean minimal cutting for the driveshaft.

rear suspension? you would have to integrat ethe nissans and the hondas. Keeping geomtery uniform and in the realm of what you need to be drivable and safe would be very difficult.

front suspension would need to be sealed some how since there are no axles up there to prevent water from getting in to the bearings, unless you want four wheel drive then that presents a whole new set of problems to get around. like finding a nissan fwd system that would actually fit in a civic without need to bulge everything out.

Back