Sick of exhaust tickets. Please, please help me!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rfrumusa01

Bean Cakes
twice in one week i have been pulled over for my exhaust and been given a ticket. apparently it is too loud. I have a built y8 @15psi 250-300hp and 2.5" back to a knock-off N1 muffler. high-flow cat (resonator). What can I do? I don't want to pay too much for a cat-back, but a muffler that I can weld in that will quiet me down would be good. Suggestions? Do the silencers for these mufflers really work?

My N1 knockoff came with a silencer. I never get pulled over for the exhaust when it's on. It does sound pretty bad though. I've thought about getting a ebay twin loop to quiet it down and still have decent sound. That would probably work for you.

The cat is resonated, and I already have another in-line resonator. The car is loud as hell. What do you recommend as far as a chambered muffler that will not back up my exhaust too much, eventually harming the engine?

- I was looking into an Apexi WS2 muffler, but I'm worried that $200 later, it still won't quiet it down that much.

well on my rsxs i had a race header no cat and a greddy sp2 and it sounded like stock.

well on my rsxs i had a race header no cat and a greddy sp2 and it sounded like stock.

x2. The Greddy SP2 is by far the quietest muffler on the market. My friend has one on his ITR swapped hatch, and it doesn't even sound like he has exhaust at all. When he rev's it out all you hear is the engine screaming. I love it, I am actually going to buy one for my hatch. I hate the loud mufflers, definately not needed.

RSR exmag is pretty damn quiet, but so is the WS2 and the SP2

the only good thing about the greddy over the others the greddy is a straight through muffler

get a resonator and a chambered muffler.
this is all you need

i have a 26" riffled resonator 20" round magnaflow and a oval magnaflow unit at the end sounds great and low

had a cop at a light tell me that my car sounded "great for a honda" then he told me to watch it

Back