sick stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmh04

I am considering building a turo gsr motor .

This is wht i was thinking of doing gsr motor, turbonetics t3/t4 turbo at 8 psi
skunk2 turbo cams, cam gears, b seriuos stroker kit to enlarge the displacement to 2.0 i was woundering if the crap will work and if not how can i make it work

:blink:

Well you have some products and a plan down...how about doing some real world research like heading to a shop and getting quotes and professional help from a mechanic or engine builder? I'm sure there's a way to make it all fit together, but asking "if the crap will work" tells me you need to do a lot more research before trying to slap together a project like this.

To answer the question, yes it CAN work...

dont waste your time on stroking it. 3 grand is a lot of money for something made for all motor setups.

you have much to learn about forced induction. do a LOT of reading and asking before you go spending money.

for starters, most t3/t4's are below their efficiency range at 8psi. if thats all you plan to run, go to a straight t3 or an 18g and run 12 pounds. you will make the same peak power but have a larger power band.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 22 2003, 01:46 PM
for starters, most t3/t4's are below their efficiency range at 8psi. if thats all you plan to run, go to a straight t3 or an 18g and run 12 pounds. you will make the same peak power but have a larger power band.

what psi are t3/t4's @ their efficiency range?

depends... there's 231423 t3/t4 combinations out there...

its all about reading its compressor map and finding where it surges

Back