Side molding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

402streetracer

I just wanted to check before i start to pull off the side moldings on my 95 civic sedan, is it just held on by adheasive or some type of clamp/snap-in sort of thing,

theres clips that hold them in to take them off right you have to take the door panels off and the rear sides of the interior, and the same for the fenders take them off to get to the clips

There's going to be a ton of holes in your door when you pull them off...

Oh and I'm looking for the JDM thin side mouldings, I can't find them anywhere for a sedan. So if anyone knows where to look, point me in the right direction.

well why where on the topic where can the molding clips be bought besides honda..because there 4 bucks each at honda

ok, so what would i need to do to fill those holes welding? orrr?
well the molding covers the holes up when you put the molding back on, but if you want to take the molding off for good you will need to bondo it up

Yeah i want em gone.. so just bondo then? sand first ? i'm trying to get all of the prep done for paint in the next couple months and dont want the moldings

just take it down to the bare metal around the hole the fill them with bondo then sand them flush after the bondo is dry

well why where on the topic where can the molding clips be bought besides honda..because there 4 bucks each at honda
i bought some clips at canadian tire, they suckt and i just went to honda....

Back