Sidemarker dilemma.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
I have looked around but i havent found anything i wanted about this. My car came with JDM sidemarkers, just yesterday i had my left one go out on me, whether its a loose wire or the marker itself i still have to determine (its storming out). Just so i dont ruin something:

How are the markers attached to the car and how do you remove it?

Can i change a bulb in it or do i need to buy a new one?
:rolleyes:

Ok nevermind i figured it out, it has a spring clip which just needed to be pryed, and generic little bulbs. Pie.

Ya, just cause i fixed my own problem it shouldnt be closed, others could use this or ask if they are unsure. The only reason why i didnt just jump in was cause i didnt put these in. Every install i read and saw on the net never said how they actually attached the markers. I figured it out just by looking at a picture of only the side markers on passwordjdm.com lol. Measure must be perfect for the cuts in the fender to make it so it literally clips in, no adhesive backing or sealant or fasteners. Just a little pry and pull, then it clips back in. Now i know.

ok ok, its a good refrence

btw, i despise plastic clips (door pannels especially) there are like 14 in the door of my Sol, after had to fix the lock, there are only like 7 left..... and a lil bit of double sided tape

I think its a metal, here you can see it in this pic. You have to pry the sloped end with the clip first.

Attachments

• jdm_integra_da_side_markers.jpg
    jdm_integra_da_side_markers.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 180
ok ok, its a good refrence

btw, i despise plastic clips (door pannels especially) there are like 14 in the door of my Sol, after had to fix the lock, there are only like 7 left..... and a lil bit of double sided tape

Typically if you pull them straight off they don't break. You can get replacements you know

Only reason i made this thread was cause i didnt wanna break them and unsure of how they went on in the first place. Only an idiot can really break them, they come out so nicely.

1) i guess someone that has no idea how to remove a sidemarker car refeer to this, or just fingure it out them self,
2) i would have locked this up because you answered your own question
3) old cheap plastic breaks no matter how careful you are

Back