Siding opinions needed!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My house has vinyl siding. No painting, etc(we had wood before, and you'd have to keep painting it every few years. For the vinyl, a pressure washer works fine).. Only draw back is, to fix any damages to one you'd have to take a lot of them out.

<-had stray arrow and lacrosse ball hit the house.

Like I said, vinyl is the best option if you want to do it cheap. Anything else that looks as good or better will cost a shit ton more.

Seamless vinyl FTW. Just make sure the installer knows what he's doing or it will be wavy and look like ass.

line it with real rock.

hell, all you really need is some cement mix, and then go clear your back yard.

something like this:
remode39.jpg

Sure. Care to finance that for me? That would look decent, yet still out of place on the house to me.

*pictures it*

yeah...

finance what?
a shovel and a couple 50 pound bags of ready-mix?

clear out your yard....

or, are there no rocks in indiana???

what the fuck? my yard is made of rocks? I'm not digging 40+ feet to find limestone.

Most of the shit below the grass is Indiana Limestone.

Like what the exterior fascia of the Empire state building is made up.

don't need to use limestone... just grab the native rocks.

I don't have anything more than pebbles and driveway gravel...

Really have no yard either. It takes me a whopping 15-20 minutes to mow it all.

is that your house?? from the brick it looks like it

Personally I don't like the the look of "actual" river rocks on a house. I like the architectual stone, meaning river rocks that are cut in half. The texture isn't so gradiant, and it blends a lot better with other things.

:werd: good luck cleaning that!!

I think you'll be fine with the current materials or some siding. Put up the hammock, get a table, a cooler of beer and you're good to go. :)

Uhhhh, Ill pass on that .

They make man made slate, river rock ,ect. Thats a little cheaper than the real deal . But looks the same . Its hard to tell unless your right up on it .

From the high way I wouldnt be able to tell .

Back