Sigh.... Did that really just happen?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pits are illegal in most areas anyway (drainage and death by falling in reasons)

BTW tried about half of those things on that list. Got another round of things to try over the next few days.

Sigh.....

why not just use your standard open top, low profile drain pan that holds about 10 qts, go to sears, buy a 5 dollar telescoping magnet, let the plug fall into the bucket, thuse saving your hand from burning oil. The opening is wide enough that you cant possibly make a mess, and when its done draining, you just just fish around with the magnet until it picks up your drain plug. Your hands stay nice and clean as well as the driveway. Trandsfer the old oil into a sealable container, take it to the recycling place and your all done.

repped for uh, yeah. having all the answers. great use of that magnetamajiggy i have - though i haven't dropped the plug the last 2-3 times, it willl happen again someday.

wait, a chick that does her own oil changes? cool :D

here's one to make you laugh, then. i do my own oil changes but i have to do them one-handed, because my little floor jack sucks and doesn't raise the car high enough so that i can get my other arm past my boobs when i'm under the car.

:rolleyes:

rofl.

you really shoudln't be under a car on just a jack though. very unsafe.

oh i'm not - i have jack stands and use them. but that doesn't change the fact that my crappy jack doesn't lift the car high enough to compensate for having DDs.

or get a little bit of metal mesh that wont allow bolts to go in. like 3 x 3 inchs or something, and just take some sheet metal screws and screw the corners down on your existing oil drain bucket.

here's one to make you laugh, then. i do my own oil changes but i have to do them one-handed, because my little floor jack sucks and doesn't raise the car high enough so that i can get my other arm past my boobs when i'm under the car.

You do use a jack stand right? I doubt your boobs will hold a car up if it falls on you.

You guys drop the drain plug in with the oil? I just drain my oil into a standard pan that has a pouring lip. I've done many oil changes and have never dropped the bolt. I loosen the drain plug bolt until I can unscrew it with my fingers then I pull it out of there real fast. When the oil's finished draining, I pour the used oil into the empty new oil containers and then take the oil to a place that accepts used oil.

41jjAtI4jiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

i have this same one and it leaks out of the drain, since the day i got it. btw. benz dealerships dont use that tiny bolt, they suck it out with a tube outta the dipstck, like mentioned before...(my lil brother is a benz tech)

41jjAtI4jiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

i have this same one and it leaks out of the drain, since the day i got it. btw. benz dealerships dont use that tiny bolt, they suck it out with a tube outta the dipstck, like mentioned before...(my lil brother is a benz tech)

Depends on the dealership and the car.

For awhile they did not have drain plugs, however they went back to having a drain plug... makes you wonder huh? The years where they didn't have drain plugs, the cars were known to be total shit and didn't last all that long.

Another one of those hmmmmm

I don't trust them removing everything, I've seen way to many post on people only getting 6 quarts of oil out. If it's not your car you go ohwell and top the oil off and say screw it.

Excuse me, do you sell a jack that will make a car clear these? *pushes her chest out, knocks the guy over*

oh i'm not - i have jack stands and use them. but that doesn't change the fact that my crappy jack doesn't lift the car high enough to compensate for having DDs.
I'm going to try and say this as least creepy as possible, but why is HondaSwap just learning about this?

Depends on the dealership and the car.

For awhile they did not have drain plugs, however they went back to having a drain plug... makes you wonder huh? The years where they didn't have drain plugs, the cars were known to be total shit and didn't last all that long.

Another one of those hmmmmm

I don't trust them removing everything, I've seen way to many post on people only getting 6 quarts of oil out. If it's not your car you go ohwell and top the oil off and say screw it.
i get what youre sayin bout not getting all the oil out, but they do it on $100k cars...it does make you wonder. and that they barely ever replace or rebuild engines compared to other car companys... they might do a body harness job that costs the customer $15k, but they barely replace engines..

Back