*Sigh*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
I dont know if I will be able to make the meet on Sat. The Prelude isnt out of the body shop yet and the clutch is going...and I sure as hell aint taking my heep up there...

Ill keep you all informed. :(

you can't bail like that, you need to working on it hardcore, you need to be down at the body shop cracking the whip!!!

Well the car has no passenger rear quarter panel

Oddly enough, upon close inspection, the Signal cars don't have rear quarter panels either.

-> Steve

Its a day trip to NH. people should be back by 8 oclock ish give or take depending on where you live.....

and not too many people who are going to NH are going autox that I know of....

throw out bearing starts sticking as well as clutch disk chatter.

Or in the case of my Si, 1st gear fine, shift into second, get to about 4500 rpms, and before you know it your hitting the rev limiter while goign the same speed. Talk about clutch slippage...of course the s/c didnt help that cause ;)

interesting! my civic clutch was soon to be on its way out as well then. it held up, but it was starting to slip like a mofo between gears.

Both of the two times that the hydro clutch has died on my current car, it felt extremely sticky and needed replacement within about two days. No slipping like a cable clutch.

Well, the clutch will slip the same - But the feeling will be different. The cable clutch will tell you there is a problem everytime you shift. Drive my Civic for an example of that.

The hydro doesn't communicate the problem with you foot - until it's too late. To get a clutch to slip simply give it a ton of throttle. If the RPMs jump then you have your culprit.

Watch the 260Z try to leave a burn out for an example of a slipping clutch :)

-> Steve

the easiest test is to drive 30 mph, put shifter to 4th. clutch in. redline dump clutch.

if it bogs, its still good. if it doesn't, its slipping.

Originally posted by Celerity@Oct 7 2003, 01:00 AM
Watch the 260Z try to leave a burn out for an example of a slipping clutch :)

not true, i could easily get tirespin from a standstill.

Back