*sigh*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finally made up my mind about who I'm voting for, and went to register, only to find out it's too late to register here in VT.

Not that either candidate will change our path much, anyway, but I figured WTF... why not vote; there won't be too many more of these things.

I also never registered Either way we're fucked.

Thumbs up to kerry for stemcell research as with maybe not trying to start up a draft but no matter what both parties are just talking shit

didn't feel the need to register this year. when there is a candidate I care about, then I'll vote.

lol voting registration closed about 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Prowler+Oct 28 2004, 10:41 PM-->
either way, we lose.
[post=408954]Quoted post[/post]​

importjdmcivic
@Oct 29 2004, 01:38 AM
Giant douche vs. a turd sandwich....make your choice
[post=408976]Quoted post[/post]​

We've had a disappointing trend lately. First Bush and Gore (BAD choices), now Bush and Kerry (WORSE choices). I can't wait to see what "choices" we'll have 4 years from now.

if bush wins again we won;t have any cause he'll drive this country right into the ground... bye bye US, hello neo-con's

i hate how everyone is like "vote! its the most important election of our lives..blah blah blah..." and all that vote or die shit on MTV. they need to all realize that the popular vote doesnt mean dick. its all about the electoral vote, thats who determines the next president, not popular vote. the entire country could vote for one candidate but the electoral college could elect the other. power to the people <_<

mtv does that every 4 years. and b, the registration deadline is different in every state. i registered, and voted already.

how the fuck did you vote already? election day isn't till tuesday

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 29 2004, 07:52 AM
i hate how everyone is like "vote! its the most important election of our lives..blah blah blah..." and all that vote or die shit on MTV. they need to all realize that the popular vote doesnt mean dick. its all about the electoral vote, thats who determines the next president, not popular vote. the entire country could vote for one candidate but the electoral college could elect the other. power to the people <_<
[post=409049]Quoted post[/post]​

"Could"? Yes, conceivably. But the "electoral college" isn't a constant thing. If, say, in Idaho, 3,000,000 people vote for Bush, and 2,750,000 people vote for Kerry, then the Idaho Republican party gets to appoint a number of electorates equal to its number of representatives in Congress to cast their votes for a certain candidate. True, those electorates could vote for whomever they wish. Typically, though, the appointed electorates are staunch supporters of whichever party wins the popular vote in each state. So, while there have been a few cases of electorates voting against their party, the incidents have been few and far between.

So, to sum up: Yes, the popular vote means quite a bit, but it's state-to-state. On the national level, the popular vote doesn't mean dick.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 29 2004, 10:52 AM

If there is and electoral tie, then the popular vote counts 100%

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 29 2004, 08:04 AM
[post=409054]Quoted post[/post]​

Early voting, y0. We've been able to vote early in Colorado for two weeks now.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Oct 29 2004, 08:13 AM-->
@Oct 29 2004, 10:52 AM

If there is and electoral tie, then the popular vote counts 100%
[post=409058]Quoted post[/post]​

Wrong again. If there's a tie, then the election is decided by the House of Representatives.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 29 2004, 08:19 AM-->
lol voting registration closed about 2 weeks ago
[post=409012]Quoted post[/post]​

More like October 6.

pissedoffsol
@Oct 29 2004, 10:04 AM
[post=409054]Quoted post[/post]​

Early voting ends today. I think it started on the 10th, not sure. I voted yesterday- and damn.... it still took an hour and a half in line at the poll. Tuesday is going to be much worse.

I'd like to run for President. Think that'd go over well? I mean, I appeal to everyone. Blacks love me because I'm by their side at Black Panther rallies, and I'll be the first to shout, "kill the honkey motherfuckers!" Gays love me because, even though I'm not gay, I support same sex marrages. Militant christians love me because I'm so hatable; fuck them anyway.

Here's my stance on Iraqueie... Git R DUN!

Here's my stance on China... Be nice to them.

Here's my stance on oil... Fuck oil; I'll take half the defense budget and put it into hydrogen R&D.

Here's my stance on farming out jobs to India... If they want to work for Dell tech support, they're more than welcome to come here as long as they're good.

Here's my stance on Foreign Diplomacy... F the french. Everyone else is coo.

Here's my stance on the drug war... Hey, people are gonna smoke it, just let it be. The money spent on the drug war could be used to educate all the dumbshit kids out there.

Vote for Honkey in '08. A vote for Honkey is a vote for gittin' 'er done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back