1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs of bad rear upper arms?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Chaos325, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Chaos325

Chaos325 Member

What are size of failing rear upper control arms? My rear passenger side has a serious problem of shaking and dancing to the side when I go over bumps. The faster the worst. I've be driving down a highway say at 65mph and hit some minor road bumps and the rear pass knocks like hell and then kicks the rear in the opposite direction towards the driver side.

I already have a set of new struts ready to go in but I want to do everything while I'm in there you know, its cold out.

FYI its my dd accord wagon.

2. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

look up how to check radial endplay, such as checking for a bad tie rod end on the front of a car, and use the same principle to check the rear of your car, basically just grab the top and the bottom of the tire (while car is in the air/off the ground) and push in with one hand and pull out with the other, (trying to rock the tire back and forth) if there is movement, something is loose.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i thought those things had rear control arms? maybe your bushings are going bad.

but the kicker is if your shocks are dead what you describe is probably shocks...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted