Signs of bad rear upper arms?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chaos325

What are size of failing rear upper control arms? My rear passenger side has a serious problem of shaking and dancing to the side when I go over bumps. The faster the worst. I've be driving down a highway say at 65mph and hit some minor road bumps and the rear pass knocks like hell and then kicks the rear in the opposite direction towards the driver side.

I already have a set of new struts ready to go in but I want to do everything while I'm in there you know, its cold out.

FYI its my dd accord wagon.

look up how to check radial endplay, such as checking for a bad tie rod end on the front of a car, and use the same principle to check the rear of your car, basically just grab the top and the bottom of the tire (while car is in the air/off the ground) and push in with one hand and pull out with the other, (trying to rock the tire back and forth) if there is movement, something is loose.

i thought those things had rear control arms? maybe your bushings are going bad.

but the kicker is if your shocks are dead what you describe is probably shocks...

Back