Silla Del Sol VTEC Radiator or JDM High Flow?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What's up guys. I have read that the Del Sol VTEC radiator is the one to get for any B-Series related motor swap. I called my local Honda Dealership (Ocean Honda in Capitola, CA) and was quoted around $450 for the oem Del Sol VTEC Radiator!! F'in dealerships..

Anyways so the three current options I am considering are:

1: a Koyo Del Sol VTEC Radiator $200

2: a Prilla Del Sol VTEC Radiator $80 (includes lifetime warranty)
Honda Del Sol Radiator | Free Shipping | 1993 - 1995, 1996 - 1997, Silla

3: O:eek:r a generic JDM Fluidyne High Flow Radiator off of E-Bay $105
eBay Motors: JDM 99 00 HONDA CIVIC RACING ALUMINUM RADIATOR SI EX LX (item 290066525806 end time Jan-04-07 20:13:31 PST)

I also got some Blue Silicone Hoses for the B18C5. What radiator has the larger hose diameter again?

I have already spent a large sum on a Type R Motor and around another $500 on new replacement parts so I am getting cautious about the money. However, I would like to do it right and at least get a better radiator for my project.

Let me know what your opinions are please. Anyone ever tried a Prilla before? Thanks!

Last edited:
just get a delsol one you can get them at advance auto or autozone for 100 bucks, and there 2 flu just like the honda oem one

yes those will work fine but if you got the money you might as well upgrade

well yea it is a upgrade but what i mean is that if you can get a good name brand thick aluminum one for a good price do that, also the 99-00 civic si will work, i put a 99-00 si one on my h22a swap and it was fine

yeah I remember that.. Is there any difference at all? I think I will spend a little extra like you said and get one that is painted and finished. As always thanks.

no dont get copper. and what do you mean a plastic core

Back