Silly wiring problem (B18C into a EG)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stealth2

hello everyone,

Well I ran into a little problem today while installing a B18C1 into an EG coupe. The engine went in fine and everything was going smoothly until it came down to pluging in the wiring harness. Now we got the wiring harness completel attached to the motor no problem, but when we went to plug it into the body harness none of the plugs lined up. So after about 20 minutes of staring at the thing it dawned on us (think man creating fire, thats how elightening this was) the motor and harness are out of a JDM car. Japanese cars are right hand drive, ours is left, so all the body harness connections are exactly opposite of each other. oops :p.

Because most of you Honda head here have probably delt with this before I need your help on this one. I know I could buy a USDM harness, but I'd rather not go through the trouble or reinstalling another harness. So is there an extension for the wire harness that I can buy o the JDM one will work in my car? That is the last piece of this puzzle I need before I can start her up.

thanks in advance.

Use your EG harness and take the clips off of the JDM harness and make a VTEC subharness. You'll have to lengthen some of the sensor clips to work on the GSR.

Use your EG harness and take the clips off of the JDM harness and make a VTEC subharness. You'll have to lengthen some of the sensor clips to work on the GSR.

Don't have a wiring harness from the motor that was in the car. I traded my motor and trans to a kid for the B18 :D. I guess I'll just spring for a USDM B18 harness and forget the hassle

Back