Silverdiet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I eat burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches, deep fried anything and soda through out the day...

and I lose 5 pounds doing it.

...but your organs are crying on the inside.

This describes a problem that the youth of America has, "If I look alright on the outside, I must be in shape and healthy."

sorry the wrap has 11 grams of protein, and that's extremely high protein, for a empty tortilla

add to it the can of tuna fish I put in it and it's a 43.5 protein gram lunch

The Kashi has crazy levels of soy protein for breakfast cereal (9 grams per dry cup + milk @ 10grams cup is a 19 gram sum)

and the shakes have 10grams, their kirkland

I'm roughly getting 140grams of protein a day. I weigh 167. If your lifting for muscular gain you need one gram for every one lb of body fat. I'm eating for muscular retention. At 5'5" and 167 with only 5lbs to lose it should be plain to everyone that I have plenty of muscle mass. Even at 160 (which would be overshooting my goal by 2 lbs) I would have a BMI of 26.6. When I was 155lbs I had an electrolysis body fat calibration of 7.9%, and even then I would be .8 into the "overweight" category.

I have plenty of muscle for my frame, and I'm getting enough protein

EDIT: I would need to weight 148 to be "normal" by BMI standards

Body Mass Index is outdated and shouldn't even be used as a "guide" in modern times.

The diet is starting to look better now if you're going to throw more meals in with healthy whole grain stuff like kashi and lean protein like tuna. Get mayo with canola oil to mix with the tuna and whole wheat bread or the wraps.

You need 5-6 meals a day. The original diet you posted was way too restrictive in terms of calories.

I would also recommend 1gram protein per pound of bodyweight, but hey what do I know. Everyone in the health and fitness field argues about this issue and some people still say things like anything over .37grams per pound is bad for your kidneys and liver, but in my experience its 1gram to maintain mass AND strength (which is key) and 1 1/2grams to gain weight.

...but your organs are crying on the inside.

This describes a problem that the youth of America has, "If I look alright on the outside, I must be in shape and healthy."

My immune system kicks some serious fucking germ ass. I never said I was in great shape though.

and youth refering to me? I'm older than you. :p

My diet is all sorts of fucked up no doubt... I will eat 2 bowls of cereal and a nutri-grain bar throughout an entire day and nothing else. I feel it in my head and my body, but I wake up with NO time to get ready for work, rush lunch, and I'm tired by dinner. I believe I'm going to work at the summer camp again this year and will be the one and only male counselor with all other girls my age. This means I want to be as cut as I was this time last year. It's only hiding under a few percent of body fat, so I know I can do it. I don't have a fucking clue where to start diet-wise... I am going to triple my cardio and continue weight lifting over the next month now that I don't work full time.

Now that I think about it, if someone would make me a simple list of things to eat, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Something like "Breakfast A, B, C - Lunch, A, B, C - Dinner A, B, C". If someone with experience could make a list like that for me and pm it, I will greatly appreciate it. You know, just a few simple and healthy options for each meal that's simple. I can only cook certain things well, but I will happily try. I will do my research, but I need just a little something to start on. Btw, I'm 5'6" and weigh 150. I can lift plenty for my weight and lift hard, so I wont go under 175g of protein a day(Diet starts this Monday).

Sorry for the thread jack and I wish you tons of luck on your diet, Silver. Be sure to post a pic of your pimpin' like totalburnout =)

Last edited:
Body Mass Index is outdated and shouldn't even be used as a "guide" in modern times.

The diet is starting to look better now if you're going to throw more meals in with healthy whole grain stuff like kashi and lean protein like tuna. Get mayo with canola oil to mix with the tuna and whole wheat bread or the wraps.

You need 5-6 meals a day. The original diet you posted was way too restrictive in terms of calories.

I would also recommend 1gram protein per pound of bodyweight, but hey what do I know. Everyone in the health and fitness field argues about this issue and some people still say things like anything over .37grams per pound is bad for your kidneys and liver, but in my experience its 1gram to maintain mass AND strength (which is key) and 1 1/2grams to gain weight.

that's fine and good but if I ate like that I'd look like fat albert

I have a slower metobolic rate and I'm stocky

Back