Simple hp gains?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slayer1927

Ok so I just want to make sure I have all the simple hp gains done on my car so far.

What I have so far

ram air intake
new spark plugs and wires
no ac
no cat exhaust
no big heavy sound systems
Fresh oil change
still dpfi not going mpfi just yet

is there anything else you can think of.

header* you mean. we only has one bro.

i happen to like my AC tho. but you can get underdrive pulleys for you Alt(since your not using sound system) and one for the power steering i think it was. a simple tune up can help out with HP gains. reflash the ECU. get a Jet performance chip.

Everything is pretty much useless until you add more fuel. Get going on the mpfi swap. Cheaper than pullies and really not that hard.

mpfi swap and a good header would do wonders. since your car is dpfi i assume you have a d15b2. it may be worth looking into a d15b vtec, or a d16 swap along with the mpfi swap. or you can try to find a d16a6 cam to install in your motor. it will help a little.

Cool stickers add 5hp atleast :)
The REALLY COOL ones add 10. :rimshot:

Yah today I did a wire tuck and started to get some of the parts from people I know what kind of headers do you all recommend? I have seen the cheap ones on ebay but for honda's im not sure but on my trucks I use to have the shorter the headers the better hp I use to get

my other forum bashed me and killed my rep with this but i happen to like Megan.
Bishimoto is one of the best header ever(by rep) but you will pay for it
DC, pacesetter, and depending on your plans you can get a EBAY header. i have one and i like it, i just dont like the tarnish that it turned, the Megan turns a real awesome bronze color.

+1 bisimoto, they are proven to make good power but the price of admission is steep. IMO dc headers are over priced for what you get and the old pacesetter stuff has been garbage quality. I don't know if pacesetter has improved in the last few years or not. I have heard good things about megen racing. they seem to be a decent option for the money. If you can find a hytec or kamikaze replica they work pretty good. Even some of the cheap ebay stuff is better than stock.

The main thing to look for is material thicknes and the style of header. Try to find one with 3/8" flanges and 16 ga or better tubing. Some of the really cheap ones out there are using 1/4" flanges and 18-20 ga tubing. The thin ones tend to warp, crack, and burn out quickly.

For a mostly stock d15 I would recommend a 4-2-1 step header with as long of primary tubes as possible. 4-2-1 style headers tend to give better mid range response. A high dollar 4-1 header would be a waste on this motor IMO as a d15 is fairly limited on the rpm it can run. 4-1 headers typically don't give great returns below 5k rpm in my experiance.

Back