Simple swap D15b2 > D15b7 ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alexfleury

My 1991 civic 4 door has almost 300,000 miles and is burning some oil. I have a chance to buy a D15B7 from a 1993 DelSol with less that 200K and it still in the wrecked car and does start. The price is a little steep, but it is the first engine I have found for sale. $450 The older engines are getting harder to find.

What will I need to get from the car to be able to do the MPFI swap later? Is there an ECU that I can use and NOT convert to OBD1 and still do the MPFI conversion later? Do I need the ECU from the DelSol?

Do I need the injector resistor box? Is there one on this car?

Is there anything else that I need from the donor car?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Alex

You could just swap the intake manifold out and run all your current electronics. If you want to stay non-OBD but convert to MPFI, you'll have to run the PM6 ECU, change your distributor, add wires- really about the same cost as converting up.

If you want to avoid the conversion to MPFI AND avoid converting to OBD1, I would just use your stock intake manifold and ECU.

THANK YOU I plan to not do the conversion at first. I just want to get the car running with the new engine. But looking at specs, 10 more horsepower in my car would be nice. But so is almost 40 MPG :)

You're welcome- but here's the kicker... I got 40mpg on the highway in my 95 sedan DX auto with a full load of crap going back and forth from my parents' house to my college dorm. The OBD1 ECU has better control over the engine, and with its logic you can still have your extra power AND the 40mpg.

WOW good news !!!!!!

I know I can find it it I search, and I have the Honda Engine swap book that is on Amazon, but would you mind giving me a quick list of what is required for the OBD1 swap. What all can I get from the 93 DelSol that will work?

Thanks again

Alex

Back