simple swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldenpimp

I want to see if a simple swap is possible. I want to put a 1.6 vtec in to a 93 dx civic. I also I have another question My car is down now because of the crank have messed up my key hole what should I do get a new motor or a new crank :worthy: thanks for the advice .

Well there are a few 1.6l vtec engines.

The d16z6 will be a direct swap from the EX model of your generation. You won't need mounts, and these things are a dime a dozen.
Of course it's a D series and SOHC.
The B series are going to be more expensive but if you actually want to go fast... thats the way to go.. and its going to be a much longer discussion.

I'm not sure what you mean by the crank messing up your keyhole?

I think that he means that his crank nose rounded out (happens on early Miatas alot) and that means your crank is fucked. If your doing a swap, I would just replace the engine. Fuck spending the money on the d15XX. If your going to be doing internal work, the bseries or the D16z6 would be much better.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 18 2003, 11:16 AM
I think that he means that his crank nose rounded out (happens on early Miatas alot) and that means your crank is fucked. If your doing a swap, I would just replace the engine. Fuck spending the money on the d15XX. If your going to be doing internal work, the bseries or the D16z6 would be much better.

Agreed (although someone is selling a d15 for $100 somewhere on this board.)

But the d16z6 wont be a lot more than that.

But if you have a few thousand dollars to blow.. b16 all the way.

Back