Simple ? that I never bothered to ask

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bascailly the rest the world uses metric, while we use standard. metric is actually alot easier and more percise. it can also be a lil confusing at first, but in the end its alot easier.

i nono americans still choose to use standard, which is y that mars landrover things crashed a while back. one person used standard while the other metric, which cost the US somewhere around 80 million or 80 billion. something like that i think it was millions.

Originally posted by Hexen@Aug 18 2003, 03:08 PM
Yea, it's just our system.

A liter is 1000ml which is metric obviously. So it's still a measurement of cubic something or other (well volume I mean).

We're still a bit ass-backwards here... not sure why we don't convert to the metric system, it makes a lot more sense. Stuborn I guess.

i think it's because it would be a hell of a lot of work to make the change-over. I think it's going to happen soon though. isn't that the reason they are teaching the metric system more in schools? Everyone sells everything from gas to paint in gallons. if it all the sudden switched to liters people wouldn't know what they were buying.

Back