Simple wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF4Life

hey guys swapped in my b16 into my 88 dx hatch. everything is running good, but im getting code 6 (coolant temperature sensor) and code 10 (intake air temperature sensor). not a big deal i thought, i'll just wire them up seperately. i looked at the pinout to find that neither of these two sensors have its own pin. so basically i'm just wondering if anyone knows where i can run wires to for these two sensors. thanks alot.

coolant temperature sensor (on end of head) has 2 wires, red with white stripe and green with white stripe - the red/white runs to ECU pin C6 - the green/white is the ground (connects to a lot of other green/white sensor grounds inside the harness) and ends up at ECU pin C12

intake air temperature sensor also has 2 wires, red with yellow stripe and green with white stripe - the red/yellow runs to ECU pin C5 - the green/white is the ground (connects to a lot of other green/white sensor grounds inside the harness) and ends up at ECU pin C12

follow up question, would it be safe to cut the wires in pins c5 and c6 and wire the sensors up manually?

Back