Since I'm a Noob..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks for the great info guys, this is the last piece of my turbo project that I have yet to research and now I'm on my way. Thanks alot.

YBLEGAL are you FI or NA?

NA at the moment. No multiple tunes at the moment. But I did have 2 profiles at one point with different sensor error settings, basicly to test the 2timer to see if it worked.

FI this winter, if all goes as planned

Oh yeah, my buddy has a talon with a dual stage boost controller and something similar that selects between 2 different fuel maps. And it works just as you would expect.

Awesome man, hope you get to boost it. I'm so excited to get mine on the road. The only thing thats holding me back right now is paint. The car is all sanded down and pretty close to being prepped. I have been working my ass off.

I'm thinking I'll go the two stage boost controller route. If I cant get my hands on one of those nifty dual fuel map things (too drunk to remember what theyre called at the moment) I'll do that, but if not I'll just burn two seperate chips.

Cheers to that. Leinenkugels Berry Weiss is the shit...

I can't wait either. I did so much over this winter...rear disc, braided brake lines, adjustable prop valve, struts, springs, wire tuck, motor mounts, and more. It's nearing completion too

2Timer. And I found the link (thanks Google!)

2TIMER - $30.00 : Moates.Net

ZIF sockets are the way to go. They also add resale value (a little, not much) to the ECU if you ever sell it.

I do the whole fuelmap switching deal.
Right now on my s300 (different, I know, but does the same thing.) I flip a switch when I get up to speed on the highway to activate the 'crusing tables', basicly tables that I designed for fuel efficency. I'm tempted to change out the switch with some cruise control switches on the steering wheel (I don't have cruise control in my car).

Whoa, thats cool. I want to be able to make changes on the fly like that. Well, maybe not that quickly. But if I am going to go on a trip or something, I want decent gas mileage. Maybe drop the boost controller all the way down so the car is virtually running on wastegate, then have a fuel map for that. Thats the ideal situation. Hopefully I can get there.

YBLegal, thanks for the links man, big help :thumbsup: +rep to you.

Back