Since I'm bored and feel so proud...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

Well, the baby is almost here, and I have FINALLY been in town long enough to finish converting the 2nd bedroom into the baby's room... Here are the before & after pics... We still need to decorate...

Before: (And yes thats an outdoor light you see... and Yes it was mounted upside down)
P1010567.jpg

P1010568.jpg

P1010569.jpg

After:
P1010914.jpg

P1010915.jpg

P1010916.jpg

P1010917.jpg

P1010918.jpg

P1010919.jpg

P1010920.jpg

thank god for your painting... that old paint looked magnetic it was so full of lead.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 30 2005, 01:01 PM
thank god for your painting... that old paint looked magnetic it was so full of lead.

-> Steve
[post=518662]Quoted post[/post]​

actually, that paint was 6 months old... LOL... the previous owners painted it that color on purpose... :)

And 75% chance its a girl. Couldn't tell for sure. But we are headin to the doctors office in about 20 minutes for another ultrasound... They just want to check things out and make sure everything is okay... And see if the kid feels like showing anything today... :)

I kinda want a boy... Just for the "I'm gonna need a shotgun" factor if i have a girl... But i'll be happy either way.

welp... time to start accessorizing a little bit differently... But the BOY will have to deal with the purple color for the first year or two... because i dont have the energy to repaint that damn room AGAIN...

congrats for the kid...I hope you guys will have no complications, and good luck...

I do feel sorry for the baby though...that spring bed looks uncomfortable as hell...poor kids going to cry all night long. :(

Congrats man and nice looking remodel job. The chair rail really adds more depth to the room.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 30 2005, 03:04 PM
congrats for the kid...I hope you guys will have no complications, and good luck...

I do feel sorry for the baby though...that spring bed looks uncomfortable as hell...poor kids going to cry all night long. :(
[post=518772]Quoted post[/post]​

Well maybe if he's lucky i'll put a mattress in.. :p :p

And I NEVER realized how difficult it is to cut chair rail perfectly... Eventually I need to go and smooth the corners and touch them up, but its good enough for now.

After a while it becomes stupid easy, it just takes some serious practice with a skill saw.

Thats what Spackle is for... :)

The room also had 1/4 molding vertically at every corner... Not what I would do, but I wasn't about to tear it down and risk having even worse gaps.

So in order to get the chair rail in, i used a chisel to notch a gap for the chair rail, as opposed to trying to cut the chair rail at the right angle to 90 degree it, then try to do a 90 degree bevel on the backside of it, and match it perfectly.

Eventually this room will get stripped, rocked, and redone, along with new windows when I'm ready to replace the wood siding on the house with Vinyl.

Back