SiNgL cAmZ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'91rex

so i was talking to this guy about my single cam crx and my dads o4 Si. he's like...'that thing will sh*t on your car..' i'm like maybe a chipped base model k20 w/ other gudz may have a good shot. the reason i said that was, i took this guy in a o2 Si--looked stock-- from a dig and i pulled on him hard. since then my ego has gone up when i drive it. so my point i'm trying to make is, a dual cam cam be conquered by a beefy single cam, even w/o a turbo just a fresh n/a build up. Anyone got ne n/a single cams whips that love AM???

Last edited:
.. i've ripped on a stock EP3 with a bone stock CRX SI.. it was a buddy of mine.. he was rather pissed afterwards

who u callin a noob?? actually--i've been of this site longer than you :eek:thank you very much and probably know more than you could muster. i was just simply opening a topic for discussion, if you have nothing to say besides STFU or something else stupid, i'd appreciate the silent treatment rather than that shit^_^

so far...
usdm d16a6
mugen 4-2-1 header
aem short ram
msd
exospeed .5 mm oversized valves
fluidyne radiator
2 1/2 catback w/ turbo muff (for that stock look)
no gauges no tach's no rice....:D

the a6 is a strong little motor.. i loved my 89 SI.. gotta find another one some day.. prolly a 90-91 though

the a6 is a strong little motor.. i loved my 89 SI.. gotta find another one some day.. prolly a 90-91 though

arent the 89's a lil lighter than the 91's but w/ the same engine?? i mean mine is 91 but i kno it's the heaviest of 'em all.. i just took the a/c completely out of mine. (you can call it weight reduction stage .5) ;). lol...

There's more to it than that; there's also the side-impact beams, the seatbelt thing, and then of course the difference between the trim levels(IIRC, the weight difference between the 88 HF and the 88 Si was like 150-200lbs).

I have a 88 Civic Standard :) I believe it's one of the lightest of the 88+ hatchbacks, and still managed to shed about ~50lbs as of now(rear interior/seats/seatbelt, spare, and carpet). I still plan on taking off more weight with a stripped out hatch, cf hood, and new seats.

<-also running a all-motor D, but I have a tach and gauges(GSR cluster) :)

Back