Single life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Well been single for a week and not happy. I want to go to the olive garden tomorrow but guess what? Nobody to go with! A friend of mine suggested I try EHarmony, the profile was free so I figured why not. I filled out their quiz and was told their matching system is not compatable with my personality... WTF?!? I broke EHarmony! :laugh:

I hollered at some girls on Myspace and am chatting with a couple. I don't try to pick up girls at bars cause I understand what you get there. I really haven't had allot of time otherwise to go out and meet people, the United Way and work have kept me pretty busy and it looks like my weekend will be spent rebuilding the plumbing on my father's inground pool.

This sucks :mad:

Lavalife.com is a good one, I hooked up with tons of cool people with that.

But look out for the scammers. My friend got hit with this chick that worked at a bar and she invited him to meet up with her . Well, him and about 30 other guys who had to pay a cover to get in. nothing sells like pussy.

Honestly though, go to dinner alone. Fuck it, I miss being alone. I finally got comfortable enough with myself in 03 that I didn't care anymore. It's very liberating.

I thought you were with your girlfriend for the past 14 years? My dad was just inventing the internet and I don't think that website was around just yet.

Quoted post[/post]]
hes too busy trying to figure out why hes not getting a mirage.

No actually I'm too busy paying attention to tangible things in my life, my career, my business, my soon-to-be-wife, my dogs, my education, my friends and my future.

A $1000 Mitsu mirage has absolutely no bearing on my life, nor does a car (at least current genre - 67 Shelby Cobra is different). Therefore, I'm not off planning an EVO XXVIIILMXI swap into a 96 Mirage changing the front end from sedan to coupe and/or vice versa and getting my panties in a bunch on a HONDA forum over a used (read: beat) Mitsubishi Mirage thats for sale in the for sale forums.

No actually I'm too busy paying attention to tangible things in my life, my career, my business, my soon-to-be-wife, my dogs, my education, my friends and my future.

A $1000 Mitsu mirage has absolutely no bearing on my life, nor does a car (at least current genre - 67 Shelby Cobra is different). Therefore, I'm not off planning an EVO XXVIIILMXI swap into a 96 Mirage changing the front end from sedan to coupe and/or vice versa and getting my panties in a bunch on a HONDA forum over a used (read: beat) Mitsubishi Mirage thats for sale in the for sale forums.

oooohhhh burn

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

yey. :shrug2:

then you shouldnt have been a dick in the thread :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

yey. :shrug2:

then you shouldnt have been a dick in the thread :)

If you mean by me throwing my offer in as me being a dick then I guess I'm just a big fanuke. Oh, and for those of you who aren't in the know: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=681480

Was I being a dick HS? Was I the one that provoked? Didn't think so.

Go to hooters or the strip club. Being single for a week aint bad, just ask B! PWNED LUBUBRIAN :)

well, from my standpoint... the single life sucks! Going from having a loving and potential relationship to...well you know... it's rather devastating and I still don't know what to say when someone asks me... "do you have a boyfriend?" Im still completely oblivious to what the hell to say! I know that by no means am I ready for another relationship, or to "hook up" lol Tomorrow will be exactly two months... to make everything all that much better Bob's aunt and older sister, the other weekend when we were hanging out, shared with me that he had planned on proposing to me... which I could've really done without knowing! Im sure that I would have been better off not knowing that!

In any other situation where there was a break up I would normally be hanging out and going out with the friends which for me it's always a great way to meet new people. Just as advice... stay away from the bars and clubs! All those girls are just heartache and DRAMA! If I were closer I'd love to go to the OG with you! It's one of my favorites!

Just try to stay busy it will help to keep your mind off things! Go out and do something that you normally wouldn't do. Either way i hope things look up for you and your single life! Good Luck!!!

You hit the nail on the head, besides I'm just not into the "single life" anymore. Problem is I live in the middle of a collection of small towns. I'm a single guy with no kids, an education, and a good career. I don't feel it's arrogant to expect anyone wanting my interest should be of a like disposition, however the pool for that kind of person around here is extremely thin :-(.

Thank god it was just a break up, I hope to never know what you feel like :cry:

Hey man, dont let girls get you down. This is a time of freedom and a time for you to be able to do whatever you want without having to answer to someone or have to check in with somebody.

Take up a new hobby, find something that interests you and go with it. Oregon, i bet there are tons of Mtn Bike trails and plus the weather should be getting alot warmer, maybe do that. Go fishing, fishing is a very relaxing thing to do. I love fishing, i plan on fishing whenever i have free time (that and mtn biking), its something you can do alone (although not as fun) but give some things a shot. Dont dread onthe past, forgive and forget... well just forget. MOve on, there are a lot of better things out there.

Good luck with the single life, and dont be to hastey in finding a new girl, usually that leads to bad decisions.

Hey man, dont let girls get you down. This is a time of freedom and a time for you to be able to do whatever you want without having to answer to someone or have to check in with somebody.

Take up a new hobby, find something that interests you and go with it. Oregon, i bet there are tons of Mtn Bike trails and plus the weather should be getting alot warmer, maybe do that. Go fishing, fishing is a very relaxing thing to do. I love fishing, i plan on fishing whenever i have free time (that and mtn biking), its something you can do alone (although not as fun) but give some things a shot. Dont dread onthe past, forgive and forget... well just forget. MOve on, there are a lot of better things out there.

Good luck with the single life, and dont be to hastey in finding a new girl, usually that leads to bad decisions.

I don't have the time, nor the money for a steady GF right now.

Random college hook-ups FTW! :mrgreen:

I also seems in my case that when Im not looking for someone or least expecting it someone seems to come along! Just let things fall into place... do what you want... it's not like you have to answer to anyone! My ex was a complete control freak...I couldn't get up to go take a pee with out him asking where I was going and the 20 ?s game! I was so thankful to finally get out of that relationship... of course there was the perks and things that you miss... but overall the bad just seemed to outway the good! I was able to hangout with friends that I wasnt "allowed" to talk to when we were together! Best thing to do afterwards was do things that I hadnt before... I even did things that I found that I didnt care for i.e going to the club... that wasnt my thing. I started to go out and ride dirtbikes like I use to do, I was able to go fishing when I wanted to without hearing him bitch, etc. Best o' luck :)

Back