Sir Block! Gsr Head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondakid21

wtf??? is that good bad???or should it be better if my friend did the gsr block and the sir head

ok thanks my bot told me the gsr block and the sir head ill have him go is block gsr head!!!

Originally posted by hondakid21@May 14 2003, 01:35 PM
ok thanks my bot told me the gsr block and the sir head ill have him go is block gsr head!!!

Can you speak english?

Does anyone else understand this?

<Cartman>Would someone put this retard out of his misery?</Cartman>

a B18C head, in FACT, has more quenching than the B16 head, thus giving more compression ratios. i've seen some of my guys slap on the b18c head on b16 blocks when they blew thier b16 heads, and raise their compression ration by .5 to.8, the only the difference about the heads is the b16 has more of a better air flow port.

I myself have a B16A2 head on B18C block. When setting up for this application, you'll lose compression by .25 to .3, in order not to lose this CR, instead of the 3 layer OEM, use only 1 layer, and torque the heads about 10lbs more on final torque.

You are right, the combustion chamber on a b16/18c5 head is round, the GSR head is more like a rectangle with round edges

B16a head:
cyclinder2.gif

GSR head:
B16A%20welded%20Redline%20head%20white.jpg

BUT i have heard a couple people say including steven thompson of pacific performance (high 8 second civic) state that the GSR head actually FLOWS BETTER, I will try to find some research online on this.

Milan

the picture is on here somewhere showing a gsr head flowing slightly better midrange than a b16.. buts its so insignificant

They are so similiar, i guess you can't go wrong with going with either one, I mean most of us are trying to run 12's and shit let alone 8's so that we have that midrange EDGE, I hear that Pills.

Milan

in my personal opinion, the gsr head is better for NA, while the b16 is better for boosted applciations.

dropping a b16 head on a gsr block will drop compression by about .2:1

i myself running on the B16 head on the B18C run just as fast, it's all about combination and talent. how good you put things in your motor and spend many hours tweakin it.

Back