SiR cluster fuel light ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

koni_civic_hatch

hey i have a 92 civic vx with a SiR-II cluster in my car and im looking to get the fuel light working..

Damn.
I can't help you, but i just woke up and wondered how to get the gas light to work on an Si cluster in my car and was going to come post this. (No idea why i was dreaming about it?)
That's crazy shit.
Bump for inf0.

There must be more to it. My bulbs are all good and I have the same problem. :huh:

This is going to sound very obvious and retarded... have you let the car run itself out of gas?? I had the same problem in my 96 ex when I got it and the fuel gauge was off a little and one day I just said fuck it and kept driving and it magically appeared.

I Concur

skillz2k5 said:
This is going to sound very obvious and retarded... have you let the car run itself out of gas?? I had the same problem in my 96 ex when I got it and the fuel gauge was off a little and one day I just said fuck it and kept driving and it magically appeared.
THE ONLY WAY TO FIND OUT IF THIS LIGHT WORKS IS TO REMOVE THE BACK SEAT AND ONBOLT THE FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY FROM TANK AND THERE IS THE FLOATER ON THERE LET IT HANG THEN TURN YOUR SWITCH TO THE ON POSSISION (DONT START) AND TA DA THE GAS LIGHT SHOULD BE ON.

i don't mean to change the direction of the post, but is it possible to wire one up if the car doesn't have it?

The low fuel lights light up via the low fuel sensor. The floater is resistance based and only works to move the fuel gauge needle.
I believe your Civic is already wired up for low fuel sensor but your sender lack the low fuel sensor unit. (see pic of sensor, located just next to the floater)

Attachments

• Fuel Gauge Sendg Unit 01.jpg
    Fuel Gauge Sendg Unit 01.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 527
integras have another part with the fuel sender, a switch or something you have to get and install and run the wires up to the cluster for that light to work. you may even have to swap the hole sending unit as i think the switch for the light is made onto it.

same problem here. i have 94 ex with an si cluster and doesnt work :( checked all the wiring and nothing.

i heard that you have to get an integra fuel pump.. and wire that shit up, and tada! it works

Back