sir II in a EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ladycivic007

Yes, It's in and running. THe only problem is....it seems like I have to step on the pedal all the way and it sounds like its pushing...and when I reach a certain limit...it'll all of a sudden...Pop..and start slowing down..by itself.. What could it be?? And each time I let the gas pedeal go...It'll make this popping noise?? is that normal?? what could it be and how would i FIX IT??It's a b16SirII..in a 98 cx..Help guys...and it seems like.. it won't push forward..each time I push it.. it'll seem like it's thinking or slowing down.. I dont want toblow anything...hopefully I didn't..
thanks guys.

Does it pop and start slowing down while your trying to give it gas, like losing power?

And popping after letting off of the gas? You could be running really rich, depending on how bad that popping sounds. And if you have an aftermarket exhaust, which if you took the time to do a swap then I'm gonna assume that you do, then that will only make the popping sound more noticeable. Can you smell fuel at idle, or after a heavy acceleration?

Where did you source the engine from? Did THEY test it out first?

yES IT pops right after I let off the gas and sometimes..when I'm stepping on the gas.. But its not a long pop..its a short pop.. and then...it just accelerates..and yes..it pops...and start slowing down...when I hit like a certain limit...and then it slows down... so I let go of the gas..to let it slow down..do you know what it might be? No.. I don't smell fuel at all..after I idle or after heavy acceleration..
I got the engine from Hmotorsonline and they told me they tested it first, before it was shipped so I don't know.

Just a shot in the dark, check out your throttle cable. Which one did you use, and how is it hooked up?

Back