Sir Trans On B16a Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yo i got an j spec b16a in my 91 integra. i am going to do ctr cams skunk2 intake man and cam gears. then add a turbo kit to it. but i got a sir transon it. will i run into any problems with this trans? should i keep this trans on the motor ,get an cable gsr trans, or get an ls trans? hook me up.

forget the ctr cams if you want to run boost.

si tranny should be fine, but may be a little short if you want to run boost. but you should have no problems with it.

if you run CTR or ITR cams on a boosted motor you get too much overlap and end up with far less power. go with a set of crower turbo vtec cams.

with cam gears, you can tune out the overlap of the ITR/CTR cams... but the point comes down to is why bother? the gsr/b16 cams have roughly the same lift- just lesser duration

good looking on those turbo crower camshafts. they look like they can do justice for my turbo b16 setup and they are also almost the same price. :worthy:

Skip the turbo cams and spend your cash on engine management. There are pro's making silly WHP on OEM cams.

Shouldn't have any problems using that tranny. Just wondering, but what would make you question the reliability of that tranny? For cams, if you don't want to keep your stock B16 cams go with GSR cams.....best VTEC cam for FI. Other than that, don't bother with a new manifold, you really shouldn't need it unless you plan on breaking records and that takes a lot of money.
IMO, for forced induction on a b-series motor I would use an LS tranny so that you can take advantage of the turbo spooling and respooling. There has been and always will be a big debate on whether to use an LS(long geared) or GSR/B16(short geared) tranny. It's all in your own preference. Good Luck

the gsr tranny is better, unless you are running a trap over 144 mph.

Back