SiRII pistons and rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

What's happenin guys,

Was toying around with the idea of going for some forged internals and raising my compression in my jdm b16a in the spring. The engine is bone stock with bolt-ons. I'm looking at rods and pistons. 91 octane gas is my norm. what is a good forged high compression piston? what would be a good forged rod to go with?

Now for the noob question........
if I put these in, will I have to upgrade anything else right off the bat? Will she make more power right away? if so, what sort of increase are we looking at here? Say if I were to go to a 12:1 comp.... or a 13.1? How high can I go?? lol.

Thanks very much.

ur gonna need alot work to run 13.1 comp my friend , you should be looking into 11.1 or some thing around there even 12.1 is high for some one that can be remotly be called a noob

12.5 is about the liimt on 91 with a timing map that isn't pulled.
for a daily driver, i'd stick with 11.5-12 at the most, especially if its hot where you live.

if you don't plan to boost it, i'd go the cheap way out. get some CTR pistons and valvetrain w/ the ctr cams. forged is over-rated for sub 200 whp

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 04:06 PM
12.5 is about the liimt on 91 with a timing map that isn't pulled.
for a daily driver, i'd stick with 11.5-12 at the most, especially if its hot where you live.

if you don't plan to boost it, i'd go the cheap way out. get some CTR pistons and valvetrain w/ the ctr cams. forged is over-rated for sub 200 whp
[post=419363]Quoted post[/post]​

That's just it......I do plan on boosting later on, but not for a while. That's why I want forged stuff. So say I want somewhere around the 11.5:1 ratio to start, what would be a good piston and rod combo to go with? Keeping in mind I'm no bill gates, so a good price is key as well.

And I live in Toronto......crazy hot in the summer.......balls-ass cold in the winter.

You know a lot of people debate on this issue of how much compresion can be run on 91 gas, personally my opinion if that 13:1 is the limit, however I will just stick with telling you this, 12:8:1 compression+california 91 piss octang+tunned hondata by a very good tuner= no detonation in the least.

However, remember that this is not a situation where more is better, more compression is better if you are willing to run race gas, but on 91, more compression is going to mean more retardation to avoid detonation, Id stay right around 12:1 or a bit under

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Nov 19 2004, 07:15 PM
You know a lot of people debate on this issue of how much compresion can be run on 91 gas, personally my opinion if that 13:1 is the limit, however I will just stick with telling you this, 12:8:1 compression+california 91 piss octang+tunned hondata by a very good tuner= no detonation in the least.

However, remember that this is not a situation where more is better, more compression is better if you are willing to run race gas, but on 91, more compression is going to mean more retardation to avoid detonation, Id stay right around 12:1 or a bit under
[post=419442]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

I've seen 13.5:1 on pump, but it didn't last long. 11 - 12 is right where you want to be i'd guess. Make sure you tune it well and it will last.

Like B said, the CTR pistons will make a big difference in your car. But I say fuck the CTR cams, go with something more aggressive. Crower 403s, comp 57200s, crane 252-0012s, skunk 2 stage 1 or 2s, maybe a toda spec b?

Back