SiSteve Update

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Down 26 lbs and 2.5" of my waist. I am now sitting comfortably in 36 size pants again. 198 as of this morning. woowoooooooooooooooooo

I also am up to 140 benching.

All of this since Jan 6.

:woo:

Thats my sob story of the week. I am not going back to being stressed out at work.

haha

damn, ive been trying to loose weight to, ive been living off Lean Cuisines for the past month but its not working too hot. get that bench up to. Good luck!

good job steve, it took me almost 1.5yrs to loose 35lbs. and keep it off, and I didn't really add much exercise to it. but I myself plan on working out as well

oh and to whom ever is eating "Lean Cuisines" it's crap.
next time look at how much sodium is actually in the product it's horrible.

also read the lables of the food your buying you'd be amazed how much fat and carbs are in the simplest of foods.

your better off buying fresh veggies and low fat meats like pork/turkey
and cooking things yourself.

congrats man!

i'm also trying to lose weight..

what did you do, if you don't mind me asking?

• Cut out ALL soda. The Last time I had soda was well before before Christmas. If you NEED to drink soda, drink a clear soda (i.e. Ginger Ale or Sprite) I must have lost 10 lbs just by cutting this out.
  • Eat three meals a day. I have been watching my carb intake therefore I eat 2 scrambled eggs in the morning. Lunch and Dinner I have been feeding off salad w/Italian or Red/Wine Dressing. Hardly any white bread, and I limit my pasta intake to 1 cup portions (it sucks since I LOVE pasta, but you get used to it), I also make it a point to not eat after 630. Once I get home, I hit up the weight bench as well as 2+ miles on the treadmill, I also hit the punching bag hardcore for about 20 minutes as well
  • Lastly, LOTS of H20. I can't stress this enough, the more water you intake, the easier it is for your body to release it (sweat)
I normally have high metabolism, but being busy working all the time and other activities it is hard to get your heart pumping. I however cannot stress cardio enough, especially watching what you eat. Its amazing to see the results after what I believe to be little to no work. My family and my Fiancee have all noticed a big change in how I look, especially in my face.

Back in Junior/Senior year of high school I was 150lbs. I was seriously scrawny, however, once I started getting older, the more my fathers gene's started showing and the bigger my torso became. Picture Paul Tuetul Sr. - he is an exact replica of my old man, and hence, I know have the same frame. I'll never be tiny or scrawny in the torso, so I figure since I have a large frame, I mind as well have large arms and chest to compliment it.

I still want to shed a few more lbs, (I want to get down to 180) but that is going to be a maintanence type weight loss.

I'll snap some pics when I get home.

Originally posted by sisteve@Feb 10 2004, 11:14 AM
Back in Junior/Senior year of high school I was 150lbs. I was seriously scrawny

I wasn't going to say anything, but now I have to. :)

150 and scrawny? How tall are you? I would KILL to be 150. :) Currently 6'0", maybe a quarter inch under, and 125lbs. :D No matter what I eat I gain nothing. And I'm at 0 activity, which is my problem, thanks to my job. When I worked at UPS I gained quite a bit of muscle, but when I get lazy I get thinner, not heavier. I wouldn't say I have 0% body fat, but it's definately under 0.5%... When I work out or just active I still have that 0.5%, but then there's muscle, too. If I put some effort in I could probably look pretty good. <_<

thanks mang!

i know the soda thing is the killer.. the only thing with me, though, is that i'm to fuckin lazy. cans of soda are just so convienient. some foods just dont tase the same with water either <_<

i've been limiting myself to only eating till i'm satisfied, rather then till i'm completely full as i used to do.

went and talked to an army recruiter the other day about getting into aircraft repair, and he basically told me i was to fat.. they have a 24% body fat limit, and i crossed at 30.. (i'm 5'8, 240. weight lifter for 6 years now, big belly :( )

i just started up on the tread mill and running, but i am soo horribly bad at running..

but lifting is another story :p
my benchpress max is ~305.. my leg press max(45 degree incline) is, well, i dunno. i maxed the machine out at 950 lbs, and did it 13 times. :roll:

Very nice Steve!

I haven't lost any weight, but I've lost a good inch or two off my waist. My 32s fit real nice and loose again, and my 31 waist slacks aren't a problem. I'm doing the same as you- cutting out almost all soda, but I'm keeping my carb intake up because I'm not worried about it. Fat and refined sugars are down, and I'm eating more vegetables. It's cheaper this way too. Being poor makes me thin.

:)

Originally posted by sisteve@Feb 10 2004, 12:14 PM

Back in Junior/Senior year of high school I was 150lbs. I was seriously scrawny, however, once I started getting older, the more my fathers gene's started showing and the bigger my torso became. Picture Paul Tuetul Sr. - he is an exact replica of my old man, and hence, I know have the same frame. I'll never be tiny or scrawny in the torso, so I figure since I have a large frame, I mind as well have large arms and chest to compliment.

I remember those days, lol. I think that I used to weigh more than you. I am 5'8'' 164 right now. My highest weight was about 180.
I cut back on the soda in the last two months. I lost about 5 pounds and thats all I have done, and its slow at work so I am not running around all day right now. Soda is soo good but soo bad.
Keep up the good work mang.

Its hella hard to loose weight. I know what your going through.

I am 6-1 and used to weigh 225 back in my freshmen/sophmore year. It sucked balls. Then I went through puberty (sp?) and lost it again. I went down all the way to 170 but now I am up to 185. Not bad for me. I am comfortable with my weight. I am starting to work out and I am loving it. I am stronger now than I ever have been. Dont give up bro!!

Originally posted by Jeef@Feb 10 2004, 07:24 PM
Soda is soo good but soo bad.

Real easy to do when they raise the prices on all the machines in your building at work, and you start to realize that you spend about $10 at the grocery store every week on sodas alone... that starts to add up real fast!

10 everyweek? shit I spent 9 dollars on 3 12 packs in one night...they were on sale. I still haven't broken into two of em yet...but I will...soon. :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 10 2004, 10:30 PM-->
@Feb 10 2004, 07:24 PM
Soda is soo good but soo bad.

Real easy to do when they raise the prices on all the machines in your building at work, and you start to realize that you spend about $10 at the grocery store every week on sodas alone... that starts to add up real fast!

Another thing that is tough is that I eat out everyday and get a lot of fast food for lunch. Getting the meal deal always has the soda with it. But after going to the dentist and finding out I have 7 cavities and two of the teeth (both wisdom teeth) need to be pulled due to bigger cavities and one shattered tooth I have decided to cut back and completely stop drinking it.

Damn, everyone who posted in this just made me feel scrawny as hell. I'm 5'5" and weigh in at a whopping 115-120, depending on scale.

Not real sure what you guys are doing to lose weight, but keep it up if its working, and congrats. One thing I do know though is that the ATKINS or whatever really does work good, my parents have been on it for about 3 weeks and my Mom has lost a good 5lbs to my Dads loss of 10lbs.

Whatever you do, just don't turn into a beauty pagent queen.... :puke:

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Feb 11 2004, 01:19 AM
Damn, everyone who posted in this just made me feel scrawny as hell. I'm 5'5" and weigh in at a whopping 115-120, depending on scale.

Not real sure what you guys are doing to lose weight, but keep it up if its working, and congrats. One thing I do know though is that the ATKINS or whatever really does work good, my parents have been on it for about 3 weeks and my Mom has lost a good 5lbs to my Dads loss of 10lbs.

Whatever you do, just don't turn into a beauty pagent queen.... :puke:

it may work, but i would have to stop eating basically everything that i love.

Back