Skipping Timing!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16a

D16A
well the reason why my motor is overheating is the timing belt skips. How can the time belt skip? (NOTE: the motor came completely stock from Hmotorsonline with bad injectors/timing off)<-----I'm not bad mouthing them but could it be just a bad motor?

First, we took a look at the timing belt and it was off so we decided to reset the timing. Car ran fine for 10-20 mins than it was off again. Second, we thought that someting could of been locking up so we took off the timing belt. Next we turned the tensioner spins fine and waterpump spins fine cam gear looks ok. We put everything back and decide to give it a run again but the timing belt still skips. Last, we decided to change the timing belt because it could just be stretch. So the new timing belt was installed and the timing still skips. What should I do now?:confused:

take your crank pully off and look at the little pin/key in side. sometime it breaks off or dings up the crank. therefore timing will NEVER be right. This happened to a friends z6. Its cheaper to just buy another engine unless you do it yourself. I would just send it back to hmotors if its possible. at least complain.

make sure when you adjust the timing belt that you spin the slack out of the space between the crank and the cam gear, and let the tensioner take the rest of the slack.

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\untitled.bmp

^ ? ^

Maybe you were writing in WHITE print....
which is really cool, b/c noone really looks at stuff like this, so you can say just about anything you want to someone w/o them ever seeing it, unless there kinda 'bright' and realized that if you just HIGHLIGHT all of this text, you can see it just fine...

w/e... I guess I'm one of the few people that does this from time to time.

have a nice freakin day
--Andrew

Back