Skunk 2 coilover

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redwidow

Hi guys, i currently run one set of Skunk2 coilovers and one set of Tokico HP struts in my 01 Prelude. the ride are horrible, a lot of bouncing and i did cut the bumpstop in half but still :( . I turn the front perches all the way down to lower it and it still show 2 finger gaps between the wheels and the wheels well while the rear perches are 1/2 way down on the sleeves :blink: Does any one here have any idea. Thanks

PS. Ground Control coilover perform much better then Skunk 2 coilover

are the upper arms touching the inner fender lip, of so then it will give you a shitty ride and it will not let you lower it any more because the arms cannot travel any further. you can notch the inner fender lip and solve this problem. We ran into this issue on my girlfriends accord. hope this helps

Tokico HP shocks are non adjustable. The Tokico Illumina's are 5 way adjustable. So adjusting the dampening is not an option!

Get adjustables. Everyone I know around here that runs SCCA loves the Skunk2's.

I had Ground Control's over Illumina's on my civic and I loved the ride! I am putting in Skunk2's over Illumina's on my brother inlaws 98 lude this weekend. I will tell ya how the ride is after it's done!

just when every ones on this type of subject i thought i would mention my moms 91 accord has jics and they ride very smooth you guys would be surprised and it will out turn boxters and things of that nature all day long, the key is tuning them right and not cuting corners for looks inless thats what your after my point is true coil overs are supose to ride like shit and this thing rides very very smooth i mean there is a little bounce here and there and its not unruff but i have been in much worse on lots of different setups the key is tuning from camber to ride hight to damper, try different stuff and see what works best.

Originally posted by B18aCRX@Nov 14 2003, 12:48 PM
are the upper arms touching the inner fender lip, of so then it will give you a shitty ride and it will not let you lower it any more because the arms cannot travel any further. you can notch the inner fender lip and solve this problem. We ran into this issue on my girlfriends accord. hope this helps

the control arm is not touching the inner fender lip, but i just notice that the front SPRINGS are rubbing against the SLEEVES. it seem like the springs diameter are a little small to wrap around the sleeves

i had Ground Control coilover on my last ride(integra). the ride was perfect, like riding on stock springs and that with low profile tires. none of the bouncing shity ever happen with the Ground Control

Back