Skunk 2 Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Im getting Skunk 2 Coilover, I dont have much experience in the suspension world, are they ok or what, someone told me to go with Eibach Ground Controls, but they guy at Extreme says the Skunk 2's are better...
whats the difference.

they aren't bad... they are about the same level as ground controls, minus the availble spring rates

Since you can't get custom spring rates on the skunk2's, they do seem to ride a little stiffer/bouncier. A friend with some on his EG coupe came by today and its alittle bouncy for me.

I just bought the ground controls. I like the spring rate much better. Not to mention the skunk 2 have the jammed perches vs the ground control's locking perch. 10 times better IMO. I had one of those jammed perches fall on my civic and it was never the same...

I rode in my friend's integra that had skunk2's. The skunk2 coilovers are VERY bouncy. I have Ground Control Coilovers. I believe they drop the lowest too and they've been in business longer (more reliable). They're Great! I've had mine for about 3 1/2 years. No problems yet. Personally, I like a nice, soft ride.

Stiffer Springs=Better handling=Bouncy Ride

from my experiance it seems that sometimes shops will tell you something to try and get you to go with the people they can get a better deal with or whatever.

listen to what a shop has to say, but its your money, so buy what you think is best.

I have heard good things about skunk2 and ground control coilovers. If you match them with a good set of shocks you can't go wrong. :D

I got the Skunk 2's, so ur saying bouncy is better?? Oh and Im matching them with some Tokico Illumina's. 5 way adjustable..... oh ya.

bouncy is bad. stiff != bouncy. stiffer is generally better... but not bouncy. i've herd a lot about the skunk2's bein' bouncy. GC > Skunk2. and like somebody said earlier... i wouldn't trust somebody that's tryin' to sell you something.

stiffer is good.. but there is a FINE FINE line between stiff enough and bouncy.. just have to find that right "groove" and you'll have the perfect ride for your needs.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 5 2003, 07:32 PM
stiffer is good.. but there is a FINE FINE line between stiff enough and bouncy.. just have to find that right "groove" and you'll have the perfect ride for your needs.

exactly. i see cars all the time that look like they can mix a can of paint for you by just setting it in their car.

my skunk2's are pretty good i guess. make sure you get a nice strut setup like a koni,tokico or kyb adjustable.

He's not tryin to sell them to me, i already bought them, he just said in his opinion he likes the skunk2's better. it was up to me what i got. he's one of my freinds so... it wasnt like, buy this its expensive.

Back