skunk 2 turbo cams : quick questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

ok,a lot of people build up their car to NA form,and then switch over to forced induction....but i plan on setting up for forced induction now(turbo)..that way later,it will be all ready..so one of the first things i planned on doing,was getting 3 inch piping,and skunk2 racing turbo cams....now from what ive researched..they are aggressive..but how agressive are they? do they have just as aggressive lift as the stage 1's or stage 2's? and if u dont have a turbocharged car..and u install the cams,will they affect your performance any until u get forced induction?

If i'm not mistaken, turbo cams have an overlap to spool the turbo quicker. IE the exhaust valve is still open as the intake valve is opening. This should not have adverse effects on performance as much as emissions. But I could be wrong.... :ph34r:

turbo cams generally have little to no overlap.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 22 2004, 06:07 PM
turbo cams generally have little to no overlap.
[post=393608]Quoted post[/post]​

Then -

#1 what am I thinking about that has overlap?
#2 how do turbo cams spool a turbo better than just agressive cams?

(No sarcasm here for once, I just honestly don't know) :shrug2:

aggressive cams will have more overlap. overlap on a turbo motor is bad, you loose boost through the exhaust with both intake and exhuast valves open, think of the air going in the going right back out. im pretty sure thats right. i dont know anything about the spooling of the turbo quicker. maybe with les overlap means les air gets lost through the exhaust valves before ignition, which means more air comming out as exhaust valves? more exhaust =faster spool? i dont know really. thats my guess.

turbo cams = near stock duration, ~1.5 ish mm more lift.

Back