Skunk2 Cam Gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If it works it works, as long as your happy and safe with it and what you do with the car, nitrous will be aright for you. I stated my opinion but in the end its YOU who have to make the decision. I just hope you enjoy it.

I always see people who have nitrous in their cars have them. Safety precaution? Paranoia? i Dont know much about nitrous, i assume something could go wrong.
Were these cars fuel injected or carburated? I'm just asking because I could see why someone would carry one in a carburated car because the nitrous plates that go on the carbs sometimes catch fire lol. But as far as having one because nitrous is present, it's pointless. Nitrous itself isn't flammable.

However, I carry a fire extinguisher in my trunk because one time i borrowed my friend's tercel and he didn't tell me his rear main seal was leaking so I was driving for like an hour and a half then I smelled burnt oil, saw a bit of smoke, pulled over, and BAM! Oil fire lol. So I always carry one just to have one handy.

Ya, nitrous or not i suppose an extinguisher would be useful, especially if you have a high HP race-made car. With less panels/insulation in the car, the quicker the fire could come to you. My rear main seal used to leak until i switched a bit thicker oil, but with that my LMA's started making sound when cold.

Last edited:
I like how my cam gears/nitrous thread turned into whether or not you should carry a fire extinguisher lol

But atleast your thread is getting alot of attention. Better than no one posting? If your lucky your question will be answered and maybe something new will be figured out all because of it :).

I like how my cam gears/nitrous thread turned into whether or not you should carry a fire extinguisher lol
lol. I also forgot to mention that getting the cam gears tuned to the correct degrees of timing on the dyno is going to cost a pretty penny. i'd advise you to stay with the stock cam gears for now...

You could say the EXACT same thing for turbo or supercharger so IMO that's a moot point. And fire extinguisher? For what? Nitrous isn't flammable...

i have one in my car and i dont even have "real" mods.... u never know, ive used one when this dumb ass in a mustang ran a red light and t-boned an SUV with a family and kids in it, the SUV started smokin so i sprayed it. it might not of caught on fire but then again it might have. nitrous might not be flammable but. but speeding around hitting those shots and wipeing out could spell disaster...

Were these cars fuel injected or carburated? I'm just asking because I could see why someone would carry one in a carburated car because the nitrous plates that go on the carbs sometimes catch fire lol. But as far as having one because nitrous is present, it's pointless. Nitrous itself isn't flammable.

However, I carry a fire extinguisher in my trunk because one time i borrowed my friend's tercel and he didn't tell me his rear main seal was leaking so I was driving for like an hour and a half then I smelled burnt oil, saw a bit of smoke, pulled over, and BAM! Oil fire lol. So I always carry one just to have one handy.

i have one in my car and i dont even have "real" mods.... u never know, ive used one when this dumb ass in a mustang ran a red light and t-boned an SUV with a family and kids in it, the SUV started smokin so i sprayed it. it might not of caught on fire but then again it might have. nitrous might not be flammable but. but speeding around hitting those shots and wipeing out could spell disaster...
READING > you

naw i read everything, thought id throw in my two cents is all...relax bro i wasn't trying to come at you

Enough with the dam fire extinguisher sht...Lets come up with some other random topic shall we?
OK... You ever wonder if your mom just gave your dad some head right before she tucked you in and kissed you goodnight?

evidently it's a fear he's had at some point in his life... I don't know how the hell else you'd come up with that. lol

Back