skunk2 cams?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper88

My mom thinks i'm cool
Hi, I'm new to this site. I was just wondering which skunk2 cam to go with. I either want to go with the pro series stage 2 or the stage 3 but i'm not sure. I just want to throw them into my b16a to get more power before i turbo it. The motor is sleeved 9.5:1 pistons,crower rods,arp studs,skunk2 valve train,header back exhaust and its a daily driver. I just dont know if the stage 3 would be to aggressive with that setup and stress out the motor. i know stage 2 are pretty much safe but i'm just looking for more hp. I dont want to blow the motor before i turbo it and i dont want to keep checking everthing just to make sure everthing is aight. Thank you for your time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi, I'm new to this site. I was just wondering which skunk2 cam to go with. I either want to go with the pro series stage 2 or the stage 3 but i'm not sure. I just want to throw them into my b16a to get more power before i turbo it. The motor is sleeved 9.5:1 pistons,crower rods,arp studs,skunk2 valve train,header back exhaust and its a daily driver. I just dont know if the stage 3 would be to aggressive with that setup and stress out the motor. i know stage 2 are pretty much safe but i'm just looking for more hp. I dont want to blow the motor before i turbo it and i dont want to keep checking everthing just to make sure everthing is aight. Thank you for your time.
you don't really have enough compression to take advantage of of the stage 2 cams let alone the stage 3 ones... I suggest not touching the cams at all since you will be going turbo. if you really want cams, get some GSR's... they are a slight gain over B16 cams and they are great for turbo.

Could i possibly put turbo cams in it right now? Or would it not gain anything from doing that at this point.

Cams are a waste of money on a turbo setup unless you have already done everything else first.

ANY pro series cam by skunk is going to be WAY too big for your 9.5:1 motor, you will actually lose some low end. Like 16racer said, just throw in some GSR cams and save your money for more important things like fuel and tuning... :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Cams are a waste of money on a turbo setup unless you have already done everything else first.

ANY pro series cam by skunk is going to be WAY too big for your 9.5:1 motor, you will actually lose some low end. Like 16racer said, just throw in some GSR cams and save your money for more important things like fuel and tuning... :thumbsup:

:werd: to Big Bird

Aight thanks guys for your info. I dont think i'm going to turbo until next winter/spring. I have to find a integra shell first. Thank again

Back