skunk2 I/M vs stock GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i have my stock gsr intake manifold on my car right now and i wanted to know if i got a skunk2 intake manifold would i gain anything? would i loose power because i am loosing my butterfly runners?

some preludes have secondaries too.

to answer your question...i think you lose some low-midrange power but you gain top end power.

Originally posted by highperboi@Oct 28 2003, 11:02 PM
lol
you have a gsr in a prelude?

nope...got a lude and 93 hatch w/ GSR(for now)...some guy wants to buy my freakin motor for 3gs..but i am still undecided on that...anyways....i was talkin to a friend of mine and he said it is basically the same thing as a type r intake mani... but ive read that the type r intake mani doesnt fit a gsr...this shit is confusing!!!

the design is basically the same as the type r manifold if not better. but skunk2 makes one that does fit the gsr. you just have to make sure you get the one made for the gsr. it will fit.

it's supposed to gain ~6-8whp from it...which is pretty good considering the displacement and cost of the item.

Originally posted by highperboi@Oct 29 2003, 12:11 AM
i know that but i dont think skunk makes a manifold for h22s

yes, they sure do...

Originally posted by btleier+Oct 30 2003, 10:16 PM-->
highperboi
@Oct 29 2003, 12:11 AM
i know that but i dont think skunk makes a manifold for h22s

yes, they sure do...

i said LOL in response to that he is waiting for a reply also. i did not say lol you have a gsr in your prelude. And yes i do know that they have secondaries. so stfu and dont reply unless you got something helpful to say.

Back