Skunk2 intake manifold on gsr..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gringotegra

100% stock GSR...
i just got a skunk2 intake manifold...i havent put it on yet..what can i do so that i dont get the check engine light on? as in what are my options? is there any waywhere i dotn have to chip my computer or get a different one?

the check engine like shouldn't turn on if you hook everything up right so put it on right and it wont turn on

but shouldnt it bcause the new manifold doesnt have the secondary butterflies so therefore it doesnt have a place for the IAB sensor....right?

just make sure you plug everything else in. You should probably also get it tuned, as your powerband is going to change noticeably without the IABs.

yeah im planning on doing that also...im buying a apexi vafc2...i know its not the best way but its all i can get right now....

For a little more than the price of an apex'i, you could probably get a chipped p28, and then you are in a much better position tuning-wise.

eBay Motors: Apexi VAFC 2 VAFC II Vtec Air Fuel Controller - *NR (item 150078463375 end time Jan-11-07 14:51:56 PST)

Products for DIY ECU Enthusiasts who want to save money and do it right. TurboEdit, Uberdata and Crome supported here at Xenocron.com

Chris probably even has a good basemap for a gsr without IABs that he could burn onto a chip for you.

With all this, I'm assuming you have an obd1 setup. I also assume you have access to a wideband or a dyno, because tuning on even a VAFC 2 will be pretty much pointless without one.

yeah theres one up here in portland...Torque Freaks... im sure there are more but i dont know where they are.....if i was to chip anything id chip my P72...OBD1 1994 gsr...AEM CAI, B&M FPR and gauge, B&M short shifter no exhaust yet...its basically stock...bought it from a one owner 40 year old lady...ran a 14.9..just looking to make it faster....

Chip your p72. That's a MUCH better way to tune than a VAFC. And cheaper. Chris charges like 70 bucks to chip with a zif socket and basemap. Doeeeeet!

Not to mention, he can also add a datalogging port for a little extra, and you are set for tuning except for actual tuning equipment; i.e. wideband, chip burner/emulator, laptop, dyno...

Last edited:
The car will throw a CEL if you don't plug in the shoebox looking thing under the intake manifold that controls the IABs, I ran into that problem when I put the jackson on my car.

if your gonna spend the money on a skunk to you should of bought a victor X manifold

The skunk pro manifold is better suited for all motor application than the victor X, and it's less expensive.

ok just found a victor x manifold for 303 on ebay and the skunk 2 goes for 250 wow an extra 53 dollars the victor x manifold makes you top end so much fast than the skunk 2 trust me

I have the Skunk2 Intake Manifold and I like it a lot. Well worth the money.

i was gonna get one but i ended up with a BLOX manifold.. same thing.. but mine has ported plenum and runners.. woot!

Back