skunk2 or crower

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twotwo

Hello guys i was wondering which one of these is the better of the two??....as for valve springs, reatainers, valves, camshafts go????......i am wanting to build up my head and im a difficult choice between these two companys....i hear nothing but good things about these guys so please tell which to go with....oh yeah the motor is 1.8 GSR goin for N/A.....thank you and have a nice day!!!

both are good choices. for some reason ive heard about more broken crowers than skunk2's . . . its up to you. price is the real difference here IMO.

is portflow quite expensive??.....is there a big difference in price between them or skunk2, crower???....thank you and have a nice day!!!

Originally posted by twotwo@Nov 5 2003, 03:25 PM
is portflow quite expensive??.....is there a big difference in price between them or skunk2, crower???....thank you and have a nice day!!!

portflow makes a good product. they are very moderatly priceed compared to skunk 2, toda etc. im using Portflow valve springs and retainers in my current setup, car runs strong, no complaints.

i had a set of crowers...the exhaust cam broke when they were put in....also had the valvetrain and they were good quality

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 5 2003, 06:31 AM
portflow valvetrain :thumbsup:
ef-1 or toda cams :thumbsup:

ef-1?

unless that is short for something and I'm a retard for not getting it, I haven't heard of ef-1

ok question about the skunk2 camshafts.....if i were to get the stage2 camshafts could i still retain the same idle or what???...thanks for the info guys you really help me out alot of what parts to go with.....peace...

skunk2 makes good products for a decent price but DO NOT buy their valves. They mushroom real fast.

Back