Skunk2 or Edelbrock??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCIVICTN

Lost in a sea of rednecks
I have a GSR that I am in the process of building for turbo. I am going to have a fairly low compression ratio(most likely in the neighborhood of 8.8:1) so I know that I am going to lose some off-boost power. I am going to run a T3/T04E, 50 trim Turbonetics turbo. I don't know exactly how much boost I can run efficiently with this turbo but I was thinking somewhere in the 15-18psi range. Sound right? I will be using this car for 99% drag racing and 90% of that will be on an eigth of a mile strip. The Edelbrock claims to give you the most power in the 7-10K RPM range. Where does the Skunk2 benefit most? Of course I'll spend most of my time in upper rpms, but 60' times are important too. Anyone have any experience with both of these manifolds? Oh yeah, I will be using a Type-R trans also.

Bottom line: Which will benefit me most in an eigth?:confused:

for boost the edlebrock is best i've heard, and a lot of guys are running that manifold w/ boost setups

I have noticed the same thing with the popularity of the Edelbrock, but I wonder if the Skunk2 wouldn't sacrifice much max horsepower for quicker acceleration. It is just an eigth of a mile. Whadayathink? Anyone know for sure?

Back