Skunk2 or Omni Valvetrain??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey ya! I'm building a b16 for turbo. I'm finish with the block (9:1 je pistons with eagle rods, etc.) Now I'm plan on ordering my valvetrain and can't decide which ones to get. I'm going to be running ctr intake cams with a gsr exhaust cam maybe 9k rpm on a head thats P/p with a 3 angle valve job so I won't need valves! Maybe a turbo cam upgrade in the future! I was thinking Which valvesprings and titanium retainers do ya reccomend? I was thinking on skunk2 or omni power cause of the oem cams. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I was afraid someone was going to say that! Well like I said I might end up changing to turbo cams in the future if not satisfied! and 8500 rpm is pretty close..

Last edited:
8500rpm is close but that extra 500rpm will actually make you slower and put unneeded stress on the engine. If you want to rev to 9000rpm you'll need cams that peak around 8000-8200rpm.

I know I read somewhere on this forum that ctr's are good up to 8500rpm... Well all I want to know is what valvetrain ya reccommend??

Back