skunk2 pro 1 cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

so I just recently started shopping for cams again and actually just bought a used set of skunk2 stage 1's and now I'm seeing all this stuff about skunk2 pro 1's

I couldn't find anything on skunk2's sight and haven't been able to find any real numbers on the cams

but I'm wondering on how they compare with the other skunk2 cams

anyone know?

thanks

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Mar 11 2005, 04:03 PM
pretty sure they are bigger then the stage 3's. they are for built +220 whp motors
[post=472342]Quoted post[/post]​

There were some damn impressive dyno'sposted on HT back to back against Rocket M22's I believe. You'll need the valvesprings and retainers, portwork, and the compression ratio to utelize them though. if your still pretty stock a set of ITR's, CTR's,or the Skunk 2 stage 1's will be what you want to work with. Hondata will tie it all together and dollar for dollar will get more whp than most mods. Alot of mild don't do much until tuned in.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Mar 11 2005, 04:03 PM
pretty sure they are bigger then the stage 3's. they are for built +220 whp motors
[post=472342]Quoted post[/post]​

I kind of figured they must be a bigger cam than the stage 3 but i just couldn't find anything that actually said that

thanks

yep- they are pretty radical. i wouldn't use them on a dialy driver, thats for damn sure. lol 14:1 compression and some race gas blend is what those are designed for.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 13 2005, 03:12 PM
yep- they are pretty radical. i wouldn't use them on a dialy driver, thats for damn sure. lol 14:1 compression and some race gas blend is what those are designed for.
[post=472966]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm deffinately not kicking myself for going with the stage 1's then, just seemed like if they were a step beyond the stage 3's they might have called them stage 4's .... I guess that is too logical

Back