skunk2 pro series intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

floridachill71

Lean and Mean
hey guys, i put a skunk2 pro series intake manifold on my 98 civic ex, that has a ob2 j-spec gsr in it. the problem is, i still have a couple vacuum hoses hanging and a large vacuum fitting on the top of the mani with no hose for it. and the biggest problem is this EVAP purge control solenoid valve. the insturctions say it has no mounting spot on the new IM so that it has to be zip tied somewhere. I CANT FIND IT!! what is this EVAP purge control thing? where is it?

the big vac hose on the top is for the brake booster...if the booster is hooked up the just plug it with a hose and a bolt or a plastic boot...

EVAP purge control thing? where is it?
its on the back of the manifold did you look before you unplugged all the vac hoses?

its the big hose that goes to the round black thing on the fire wall behind the brake master cylinder [booster]

ok, so the one on the top goes to the brake booster. got that one. what about the large one on the engine side of the IM?

the first one, where its circled, i dont know what goes on here. the second, i dont know what this hose goes to that comes from the TB. third, these two plugs have no home and i cant find them on the wiring diagram. the top one is two wires, blue/black and solid black. the bottom one is four wires, solid white, black/yellow, green/black, and black/white. plus, i didnt mention this before, but the power steering hose from the civic doesnt fit onto the pump on the gsr. nobody ever mentioned this being a problem before. whats up guys? any ideas?

Attachments

• PICT0580.JPG
    PICT0580.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 8,699
  • PICT0581.JPG
    PICT0581.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 9,700
  • PICT0584.JPG
    PICT0584.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 3,073
  • PICT0583.JPG
    PICT0583.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 5,561
1. plug it
2. plug it or it could be for coolant... i forget
3. i believe the square one goes on the distributer....is the dizzy the same one as before?

forgive me for sounding stupid, but whats a dizzy?
and coolant to the throttle body? first ive heard about that.

distributer=dizzy

and yes coolant goes to the throttle body.... as far as i can remember.... but that one looks like a vac hose...
might go to the black cansster [firewall] which you can remove in FL...so just plug it

whats wrong with me today? cant remember shit

well the first pic, its supposed to run to the PCV valve, which you dont have there.. did you swap it over from the old manifold???
the second pic, that hose is supposed to run to the canister thing on the firewall.. not too sure about those plugs..

well the first pic, its supposed to run to the PCV valve
man i cant believe i let that one slip buy thanks eg6sir... i went to my garage and my b16 IM has one in the place where it says PRO on yours...for some reason i got them mixed up...definately put the pcv on you can see the hole for it by the injector in front

but you dont need the canister in florida you could remove or just run back to the oem location on the firewall

Last edited:
ahhh. PCV. got it. the only black canister thing i see (emissions control canister?) only has two fittings on it and both are being used. one was never unplugged, the other goes to the EVAP emissions purge control solenoid valve which i had to order and will put on today. the dizzy is the same and its already plugged up. i dont know about those two plugs. :confused:

do you do smog tests in jacksonville FL?

just eliminate the damn thing and plug the vaccum ports for it. i removed all my emmision stuff. they all run off vaccum...but i'm just beating a dead horse ... btw i live in FL also

nah. no smog test in jacksonville. guess ill just pull that shit off. what part of florida? u goin to daytona for TG weekend? im tryin to have this pain in the ass runnin by then. im gonna be nervous as fuck when i crank it for the first time. i did the whole swap, from the old out, to every part in it or on it now. :doh:

wow. so after about a good 5-10 mins of turning it over (off and on), i crunk it for the first time tonight. i couldnt leave it running for very long due to not having the radiator hooked up (still waiting on the FAL fans), 10-15 secs at the longest, and did so twice just to make sure it wasnt a fluke. the problem is, is it wanted to idle really high and rough for what little bit it was running. oh boy. any thoughts on this guys?

p.s. after replacing the shift linkage, the shifter just floats around like it has nowhere to go. will this go away after the hydraulic fluid has worked its way back through the lines? and again, any ideas about the power steering? what about spark plugs? what kind should i run? lots of questions guys. its the only way to learn! :confused:

Last edited:
is it wanted to idle really high and rough for what little bit it was running. oh boy. any thoughts on this guys?
are the vaccum hoses pluged? because i left one unplugged and it idled very high, try it. also there is a small screw on the throttle body [its flat on the TB] turn it to lower the idle left to lower.

NGKs are good vpower should be bkr6-11 or something the -11 means they are gapped

youll need the PS pump and lines from a 96+ integra

as far as i can tell they are all plugged. ill check the screw out. thanks guys.

Back